·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: pirelli41

·
Registered
352 Posts
Whee. Pimp my ride, winter tires style baby.

ps: I do also have a 14mb video of a lapping event, but there's no sound and fairly crappy video recording (hooray for girlfriend never having used a video camera before, she couldn't hold a camera steady and aim properly if her life depended on it :) )

·
Registered
352 Posts
Passenger Side:

Driver's Side:

The wheels need to be repainted sometime :)
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out though. The passenger side looks pretty much as new, and the driver's side's pretty good, too. Recreating the curve of the wheel well was a bit of a pain, lots of sanding and fiberglassing.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
That looks wicked! How much did you have to cut out in the end? You should do sidejobs come warmer weather....

Nice on the paint matching too.

Heres the only picture I have of my car on the computer. I'll try and find more on my old computer later. http://img438.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10505634go.jpg.

danm how do you host it so they actually show up again?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I cut out a good 3-4 inches on the driver's side.
You can get matching paint from Canadian Tire. Mine is called Maz White, and is the same for most mazdas. I'm sure you can find your black there too.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
My car was repainted at some point, I've found stuff that is close, but not exact, the gloss doenst' match quite right. Mind you it matches better than rust... Mine is still mostly at the bubbleing stage, so one it starts to actually show more it'll be a higher prioity.

Thats an awsome job for 3 or 4 inches though. I'm determined to learn how to work with fiberglass, it comes in handy in so many car things

·
Registered
352 Posts
not-so-pro-tip: make sure it's warm when working with fiberglass. I was fiberglassing at 8C, and it didn't go all that well. Wear a dustmask when sanding bondo and fiberglass. My snot rockets were weird colours for the 2 days following working on my car.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
^ Hello Stranger!

Well the Doctor is finally in.

HI HHBL.. nice to see you finally. you've been away for a while.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hey Graham,

How's it going? I was away for a couple of weeks to Florida for a holiday. How's the green machine running? Has it been starting okay for you in the winter? I never had a problem even when it went down to minus 25 C with that car.

I saw you post some handy info about washing salt out of wheel wells with some photos. Keep up the great work!

Have a Merry Christmas!

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
You too Doc. lucky guy.. Florida is incredible.. but it sure has been nice here lately.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
and you chose one of like 3 months without a hurricane lately lol. How is the 626 running? Guess it missed most of the cold weather, its perfect driving weather now (minus the salt grrrrrrr)

·
Registered
592 Posts
http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148061

Florida was nice and hot, but it was overcast a lot. It also rained a bit for a couple of days. It's nice to hang out where it's plus 25 C instead of minus 25! I heard it was pretty cold here when we were away, but it looks like a low snow year so that's good. I think September to November is hurricane season so it's not too hard to avoid that time of year.

The 626 is puttering along. Sigh... I hate that car. :D Ah, it's alright to get from point A to point B, but that's pretty well it. There's just not much zoom to her since it's not a Turbo like Pengy's there. How are things at Telus?

Is your car running okay, Graham? Did you get the CV joints looked after???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts