Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i got a new tiburon 2003 gt and i need some help on it. I want to put an indash screen in it and like a dvd player also. it is has a cd player which is 4 in so it is a double din. i am wondering what a good dvd player and indash screen would be. this one place has a special on an eclipse one for 800 but i am not sure if i want to get it or not. i dont want to spend too much money

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
there is one in dash screen i would like its ama700 . I can get it for around 575 new. I need to know what would be a dvd unit. i am still have made my mind up so any suggestion would be appreciated

·
Registered
136 Posts
i'm selling an indash dvd player w/ mountable screen on ebay check my post in the for sale

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
don't get the cheap ones. you would jsut be throughing away money. If you can get an Eclipse (may not be as flashy but ohh my god is it unbeleave in sound quality nad function) Multi video then go for it. my other favs are pioneer premire and clarion(get last years model off of Ebay. It's Sooo good for the money!) . I hear apline and kenwoods are good but i have no expenice with those.

Anyone agree or disagree?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont need a mountable screen but thanks for the offer. the ma audio one cost normaly 1200 or more. i can get it at dealer prices though. the eclipse would be nice but i dont know much about it. i dont want to have to spend too much on it. considering i have to get it installed and thats another 100 so i am trying to keep everything including installation under 1000.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Eclipse INVENTED in car video as we know it now, they are the bomb. The Clarion piece is excellent. Kenwood's is great - but sudffers from the same porr user interface as their regular decks. Pioneer is nice, as is Alpine. Sony is.... Sony. The "off" brands are all made by one of three companies, and range from total crap to decent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just remeber you pay for what you get. If you want it for $1000 I would get the alpine CVA-1004 ($799.map) and a din size dvd palyer that would play your cd's(less than $200) and you find a harness for your vehicle and install everything in a couple of hours. And theres a real nice picture and sound for $.

M

·
0 Posts
I have a Clarion 6.5" in-dash if you're interested? Let me know... I used it for a month and a half with a PS2, then took it out and replaced it with a Pioneer cd deck with a digital eq. I didn't use it much and just got bored. I was debating on putting it back in... but I don't know I could use the xtra cash for more car stuff.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking for a 7 inch screen actually, but thanks for the offer. The eclipse is only a 5.6 inch screen and it looks really small. It also is like 2 or 3 years old. it hasnt been used but is an older model.

·
Registered
763 Posts
hey

i gota kenwood kvt-m700 7" in-dash fully motorized screen for sale..
and I do installations too we can maybe work something out..

lemme know

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts