Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have any of you guys weighed your cars?

89 MX6 4ws abs sunroof 5spd a/c etc , Oh and FE under the hood (no turbo) + extra ECU, harness, sub and amp.

Some time back, i put mine on a weighbridge and its weight was 1440 kg. Now at the time, i was still in the car, i also had work tools and cable in the boot.
I am planning on going back there to weigh it empty.

On a side note, coming back from the Gold Coast on saturday night. I had the same tools in the boot, and still managed to show up a Mazda SP20 .
It was good to put the 2.0 NA against another 2.0 NA.

Edit. i forgot to mention that when i was racing the SP20. I also had a complete FE loom in my boot also (even the auto "T" bar selector).

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The reason for posting, is that i am after some figures to put into a G Tech.

What would a stock 89 MX6 5 speed 4ws with all the factory options weigh ?

·
Registered
534 Posts
You can get stock figures from a few places around the net. The listed weight for the 2nd Gen MTX is 1250kg (!!)

Did you get charged a fee to take your car thru the weighbridge? I've heard that they're only accurate to +/-20kg...

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was weighed at the local tip, no fee for it. I was on my way home from a job and decided to drop in.

I would rather not go by listed weight claims, but by actual results that people have had.

·
Registered
481 Posts
RAC have a lot of info about cars, weight etc. under research your car.

The weight figures may be without liquids? oil, petrol etc. and of course driver.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've taken mine over the weighbridge up here, just me in the car, no spare or jack and about 30% in the tank and it came to 1330kg. Amates v6 sonata came in at a beefy 1570kg!!! the cars are roughly the same dimensions, so it made me feel pretty good about the 626's weight :)

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
On the weights
alot of cars weight are put down in manuals and makers claims by dry weight ETC.
The lgihtest is claim to be a stock Manual 2WS at just over 1200KG and the heaveist is the 4WS Auto but at just under 1300KG. but the Wagon is claim to be heaviest at over 1300KG but from driving both have to say it's lighter then my Mx-6.

Going to a weighbridge soon to find out.

Buit just remmber alot of us have aftermakret ECU's a few personal items, so it always adds up.

But lossing weight is free horse power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts