Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basics .. I noticed my IAC coolant hoses were loose. Uninstalled the TB , thightened the clamps reinstalled tb then took apart my Prelude intake to install my reactive intake for winter..
Afterwerds car would not start ..

It will not crank over ( Fire )

I am Getting Fuel !! Like alot of it !
What i noticed !!!!!!!
My Cosmo FPR is making a loud hissing noise .. And is at What PSI at WOT .. My Fuel pump is also louder ( walbro 190hp )
I find this odd only because they were never so loud b4 . And last i recal my FPR was never so high when i had the Key on the "ON" Position..

FACTS :
-Installed a new CPS a month ago
-Installed New disty 2 months ago
-New battery
-Plugs and wires only have a few months on them .
-No electrical sutff was removed from the TB and IAC when i uninstalled it .. ( had enough room to work on it . )
-Car ran fine No trouble starting ..
-Fues are good !

Helppppppppppppp me ..

Could it be my VAF, FPR , Starter ???? How do i check ?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
did it stop starting before or after you messed with the TB? if your getting fuel the only things left are compression and spark. you should be getting a blue hot spark. if you can here the engine cranking then its not the starter. if your not getting spark its your distributor again. if you dont have compression there are a ton of things it could be. so check those out and tell us whats up with them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It was running fine yesterday ... After i reinstalled the TB

Its not cranking over at all !!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttt ..
I mean is the FPR Supposed to Be high or even on when u put the Key in the "ON" posotion???

·
Registered
79 Posts
If it is not cranking at all, then your starter may have just taken a dump.

Try going under the car and tapping the starter, to give the starter a little help... If the starter is the problem!

If it is cranking but not starting, then you might have a disty problem. Since you know for sure that you are getting fuel,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts