Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have a 93 LS and I went to start my car this morning and no go. I tried till the battery died, then proceeded to have my dad push me around the block with his beemer. It eventually kinda started but it was bucking horribly then when I got back to the house it was idling fine till I tried to let off the clutch and drive. It died immediately. Ive tried to start it but it just turns over. I ran the codes and got 02, 03, and 16. The disty is brand new so i didn't think it would be that, and if it was the crank sensor the engine should still run w/o the crank sensor because it has the backup one in the disty right? Anyone have any ideas to what it might be Im lost.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Take a look to see if you have fuel issues, as a clogged fuel line, or bad pump.... perhaps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not getting any spark. Haven't checked the fuel yet, just figured it couldn't be both at the same time or at least hoped it wouldn't.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just posted an issue kinda like yours with a solution its in this forum called "good fuel and spark no run check here" might help you

·
Registered
74 Posts
Even a brand new disty could be bad. A bad crank sensor will keep the car from running and starting.
my car stalls every 1-20mins and can only be restarted after a couple hours) jerks in low gear too.... and the crank sensor was covered in engine oil and dirt untill I cleaned it... only code 69.

any ideas?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Even a brand new disty could be bad. A bad crank sensor will keep the car from running and starting.
my car stalls every 1-20mins and can only be restarted after a couple hours) jerks in low gear too.... and the crank sensor was covered in engine oil and dirt untill I cleaned it... only code 69.

any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts