Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heres the carbon fiber parts i got from zijester. The pics didnt turn out the greatest, ideal would be a sunny day, but they do it justise.

I will say there is a decent amount of wetsanding to be done still.

At first when i put them on i didnt like how they looked, breaks up the body color.. but its growing on me. :)

Now a trunk lid would complete the scenario.

Pics compare my paint to the CF.

Gas lid needs wetsanding (didnt want to post this one, but did it just to show)

On the car.

Absolutly no rubbing. PLENTY of gap left. (yes thats still rubbing compound from the buff job i know i need to detail the outside still)

Sunroof pics.

You can tell this needs a good wetsanding too. Zijester, That area around the squareish shape is somewhat rough and discolored.. That should come out with the buff correct?

Kind of a funny pic. I REALLY need to get rid of that interior.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, i need bigger tires. Theyre 17s already and i dont need to go any larger because Im hoping to turn this into more of a go car than a show car. A little of both maybe..

The gas lid is pretty marginal to poor in person but i think i should be able to fix it up.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
man stealth, your lid doesn;t look so great, mine has one or two little marks that will easily wetsand out, i am actually going to take mine to work and sneak it in the booth one of these days while i'm spraying and re clear it, then it will look perfect, sad to see your didn't turn out as clean as mone, looks greatr on the car imo.

and i certainly hope that interior is a winter project, i really want to see that all back to black/tan, or some simpler color scheme!

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
nice work.......love the what you have done with the sunroof.

PS: cool avater

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KansasMX6 said:
and i certainly hope that interior is a winter project, i really want to see that all back to black/tan, or some simpler color scheme!
I want to redo it, but i honestlly dont really have the $ for it right now.... Plus its almost january, and world of wheels is in february. I still have to get these parts better or put the stock ones back on for the show. Plus i still havent finnished my dash with the monitor yet, or my FG sub boxes that are over a year old...

Lots of shit to do, not time. Plus i want to make a FG cover for the underside of the trunk lid because i have dynamat and lkinda looks like ass.

Michellen - I like your avatar too :D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Looks good. Im definately getting one of the gaslids, I just gotta wait till I get some money. Now I know it fits good, and looks good, so I have no worries.

No offense, but you gotta do something with that interior Stealth. What were you thinking?

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Get your self some racing seats man..:tup:. If you got a welder and a grinder im sure you could make your own brackets, Id even give you the measurements i used.

Or redo the seats you have, but that kinda takes away from the look you got.

i think the sunroof looks great, the gas lid sticks out to much

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Walker - theyre 205 40's I need new ones, the tread is getting low. Im definatlly getting bigger ones, those are the tires that came in the package deal.

Ruub- My dad was telling me he had his motorcycle jacket dyed from tan to black ,and the guy did a super job. I might try that, and then if it doesnt work ill just rehupolster when i have time or racing seats like king said.

Chrismazda - It was in my ricer days i had it painted like that... I wasnt allowed to have a bodykit so i went all out on the interior... overdone.

King - I know the gas lid is kinda throwin me off. I dont think it flows well like the sunroof and hood. However i also have the door sills and soon to be apillars as well....

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm really liking the sun roof, but I don't know dude, I don't like the way the gas lid looks. To be honest it just looks out of place, your paint is just to nice to have that there. The gas lid is way to distracting and it doesn't flow with the paint, like when you look at the car that's the first thing people will look at and probably concentrate on, might take away from your paint.

The sunroof thing is incredible though, makes me wish I had a sun-roof, not kidding either... this sucks...

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
I cant say that im entirely happy with my current work either but please keep in mind that these really are my first completed projects. I just perfected the layup amd bagging and im basically learning as I go. That gas door doesnt look so good though. I dont think the clear coat dried before I packaged it. My new ones are coming out perfect and ill send you another one with the triangles.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Stealth said:
Ok, thanks zijester. You think that part on the sunroof will sand/buff out?
Yeah, definetly. I had a similar problem on the a pillars and I fixed it. And I figued since I suck at the buffing and sanding part, you would do a better job.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Heres the other one I did. And I still got the same problem. Slight overspray in that same corner. I clear coated it at my moms house and it pretty much took care of the dust problem.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts