Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I know of a company that will make a good carbon fiber hood for us that will only be 400 bucks. All we need is 10 people that would buy these hoods. I am deffinatly in...all we need is 9 more people.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the BB section? but anyway, if i had $400 for a CFH i would buy it in a heartbeat, but. i'll have to stick to my heavy ass steel hood. lata

:(

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
What kind of latch would these have to hold it down; can they be painted. How hard would it be to put a scoop in after.

Would also like to know the weight difference between stock and one of these.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to email them today and ask all these questions. We could decided to put a scoop on before they make it, but all 10 of us would have to agree on it. I will get back to you.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm in. I'd be happy with just the stock hood or a small scoop also would like to use factory latch.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Im in IF you can answer some questions:

How much lighter is it than the stock hood?
Will the stock hinges and latches work?
Does it come primered for paint?
Do they guarantee fit, or warping? For how long?
What is the shipping cost?
If Im gonna get a custom hood, I want a scoop and/or
cosworth type vents in it like Ashley's for getting rid of some of that heat.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I can answer the weight question. Its probably going to be at least 50lbs lighter then the stock hood. I would like to add If we can't get a scoop some other form of airflow over the factory intake area. Heh this is going to be so cool.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok so this is everyone thats in so far (depending on the obvious questions).

1. MX-Nick
2. MazdaMan
3. MazdaMX6Pwr.com
4. Jake
5. gtn12s
6. Manifest

Remember, this isn't the actual bulk buy, this is to see how many people will be interested in this hood. I am still waiting for them to reply to my email. If everyone can, email me ( [email protected] )pics of what they would want then we will all vote when we have 10 people. Then we will have the hood, it would be nice to have something made for the 1st gen mx6. For those that think they will get this hood after the bulk buy is done, good luck, its probably going to be a 1 time pressing. Even if you can buy them without the bulk buy, it wont be $400.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am pretty sure it uses the stock framing..which means that it will have the stock latch and hinges...

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
A hood like that pic would be very nice. I like the idea of cooling the TB and intake with fresh air. With the turbo already in front of the car, I doubt that there is much that could be done to cool it anymore.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Something like the RX-7 turbo hood would rock! That scoop would be prefect!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so here is the list depending on the questions.

1. MX-Nick
2. MazdaMan
3. MazdaMX6Pwr.com
4. Jake
5. gtn12s
6. Manifest
7. jaq61
8. jester

Which year RX-7 Are you talking about?

·
Registered
512 Posts
The second gen. The ones that look kinda like a probe. The turbo RX7's have a scoop that the probe guys wan't really bad. I think it would look great on the 6 minus the light cut out.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts