Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CARBORETORS FOR YOUR MX6 FROM PAECO CUSTOM ORDER

Everyone,
I'm so excited to tell everyone that Carl at www.Paeco.com filled me in on the Custom Intake Manifold and CARBORETORS set up for the MX6 V6 2.5. The would custom make my Intake Manifold to match the CARBORETORS
setup. I would have a Haltech FM for the fire. Highly tunable would be this setup. Carborated!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT> "Forget that 65MM Throttle Body I carborated!!"

I'm investigating with everyones input.

With my Stroker kit and Carbs.. I can only imagine the WHP I will be getting without Mods.

MICI and his custom Mani was on the right track. I'm going the FULL BLOWN Carb setup. Carl's price break up.

CUSTOM MADE MANIFOLD : $1,200.00
Carbs $395.00 x 3 Two throat's each[00] for the best performance

Reminder for everyone. This is for NA only. I would not use this setup for Turbo systems. I would have Paeco make my new Intake manifold. The need a photo of the Engine Bay. "Carl will help you at the order desk of Paeco". This has never been done to my knowledge. I wanted everyone to understand the depths of how much you can motify on our cars. Could you see the look on all faces that look under the hood. Rejetable Carbs, tuned by Haltech. An Incredible setup just waiting to be seen in Super Street and you closest car show. Wait is this the MAZDA MX6 I always loved. SURE it's just slowly becoming my SUPER CAR.

Bartley
PS> If you haven't received your Paeco catalog ORDER IT NOW it's FREE.
})

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Re: CARBORETORS FOR YOUR MX6 FROM PAECO CUSTOM ORDER

Bartley said:
Everyone,
I'm so excited to tell everyone that Carl at www.Paeco.com filled me in on the Custom Intake Manifold and CARBORETORS set up for the MX6 V6 2.5. The would custom make my Intake Manifold to match the CARBORETORS
setup. I would have a Haltech FM for the fire. Highly tunable would be this setup. Carborated!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT> "Forget that 65MM Throttle Body I carborated!!"

I'm investigating with everyones input.

With my Stroker kit and Carbs.. I can only imagine the WHP I will be getting without Mods.

MICI and his custom Mani was on the right track. I'm going the FULL BLOWN Carb setup. Carl's price break up.

CUSTOM MADE MANIFOLD : $1,200.00
Carbs $395.00 x 3 Two throat's each[00] for the best performance

Reminder for everyone. This is for NA only. I would not use this setup for Turbo systems. I would have Paeco make my new Intake manifold. The need a photo of the Engine Bay. "Carl will help you at the order desk of Paeco". This has never been done to my knowledge. I wanted everyone to understand the depths of how much you can motify on our cars. Could you see the look on all faces that look under the hood. Rejetable Carbs, tuned by Haltech. An Incredible setup just waiting to be seen in Super Street and you closest car show. Wait is this the MAZDA MX6 I always loved. SURE it's just slowly becoming my SUPER CAR.

Bartley
PS> If you haven't received your Paeco catalog ORDER IT NOW it's FREE.
})
Don't you find it kind of sad to go back in time?

I mean, I know Mazda ECU's don't have Hondata and Zdyne behind them, but surely even a Haltech E6K would be a better solution than carbing the thing.

Think of all the nice Mazda engineered features you will lose.
-Easy cold and hot starts. Good luck.
-Control of the cooling fans, A/C, etc.
-O2 feedback system. I hope you don't have to pass emissions :)
-Timing control

Anyhow, I'm sure you've already considered all of this. Best of luck. My doubts aside, if you get a KL running triple carbed I will be very impressed. :)
-Garrett

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NOT ME

Hey thanks for the reply. YEPERS Your right.

I would think it would be for Drag or to say I DID IT>

I'm thinking about having Carl build me a Custom Turbo Intake Mani, I'm curious because MICI did it.

Bartley

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Re: Re: CARBORETORS FOR YOUR MX6 FROM PAECO CUSTOM ORDER

skiingman said:
-Easy cold and hot starts. Good luck.
-Control of the cooling fans, A/C, etc.
-O2 feedback system. I hope you don't have to pass emissions :)
-Timing control
i dont think that there would be that big of obstacles to get past with the carbed intake besides timing, but im sure that someone on this site could figure out a way to make it possible to time the engine consistantly. i would probally remove almost all the computer controlled components of the engine. with a lot of the cars that ive seen pass emitions, as long as an mx6 had a good cat i doubt it would have any problem passing, at least in my state...... hot and cold starts arent that bad on a properly tuned carbed engine. just pump the gas pedal 3 times before turning the key. :lol: cooling fans and AC arent controlled by vacuum, i dont see how they would present any problem.

·
Registered
977 Posts
bartley- dude get your car first j/k- did you get a 6 yet? i got some more ideas email me.

G

·
A full standalone with a aftermarket injectors and a larger throttlebody would offer all the benefits of your idea, and more without making you look like a hick at car shows :)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
FlySwat said:
A full standalone with a aftermarket injectors and a larger throttlebody would offer all the benefits of your idea, and more without making you look like a hick at car shows :)
:rolleyes: it would take a whole new intake manifold to get as much airflow as that carborated setup would offer. i doubt a KLZE intake would even come close to that. if there was a new fuel injected manifold developed })

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Re: Re: Re: CARBORETORS FOR YOUR MX6 FROM PAECO CUSTOM ORDER

Aussomea said:
i dont think that there would be that big of obstacles to get past with the carbed intake besides timing, but im sure that someone on this site could figure out a way to make it possible to time the engine consistantly. i would probally remove almost all the computer controlled components of the engine. with a lot of the cars that ive seen pass emitions, as long as an mx6 had a good cat i doubt it would have any problem passing, at least in my state...... hot and cold starts arent that bad on a properly tuned carbed engine. just pump the gas pedal 3 times before turning the key. :lol: cooling fans and AC arent controlled by vacuum, i dont see how they would present any problem.
What? Who said anything about cooling fans being controlled by vacuum?

How are you going to control the "little" things like that if you remove the ECU? How are you going to get the A/C to work? Ya know, those little things.

Aussomea said:

it would take a whole new intake manifold to get as much airflow as that carborated setup would offer. i doubt a KLZE intake would even come close to that

That is just stupid. You need a whole new intake for the carbureted setup anyways. Plus carbs. You already have perfectly good EFI. How is going carbureted easier than just building a custom intake and using the already present EFI non-hick system?
-Garrett

G

·
Re: Re: Re: Re: CARBORETORS FOR YOUR MX6 FROM PAECO CUSTOM ORDER

skiingman said:

How are you going to control the "little" things like that if you remove the ECU? How are you going to get the A/C to work? Ya know, those little things.
Well, you probably could keep the ECU for things like engine temp sensors and A/C, just disconnect the O2 sensor and injectors. It would definititly throw codes, but it would still function.

That is just stupid. You need a whole new intake for the carbureted setup anyways. Plus carbs. You already have perfectly good EFI. How is going carbureted easier than just building a custom intake and using the already present EFI non-hick system?
-Garrett
:tup:

You'll need a new manifold either way, and the day I see a KL engine need a new manifold to make good power is the day I give up on mazda owners :)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CARBORETORS FOR YOUR MX6 FROM PAECO CUSTOM ORDER

skiingman said:

i agree with what flyswat said here, and i would probally disconect the CEL if i did this set-up(im not going to anyway) because all it would be telling us is that the sensers that where taken off to switch it to carborated arent working.
FlySwat said:
Well, you probably could keep the ECU for things like engine temp sensors and A/C, just disconnect the O2 sensor and injectors. It would definititly throw codes, but it would still function.

skiingman said:
-Garrett
incase you didnt notice that i quoted flyswats post....... he made it sound like a new IM wouldnt be needed to flow that good. i never said that one would be easier than the other. IMO they would be almost the same difficulty, i guess it mainly depends ur knowledge of how to do carborated/EFI set-ups

FlySwat said:

FlySwat said:
You'll need a new manifold either way, and the day I see a KL engine need a new manifold to make good power is the day I give up on mazda owners :)
whats your definition of good power? streetthismx6 gained ~15whp dyno proven by switching from a KL03 to a KLZE IM. id be interested to see what a custom IM would do....... })

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
why would anyone carb an efi motor?

just a small hint... look at older car's enthusiasts.. a very common power adder is the carb to efi conversion.. why would we go backwards?

as for IM flow - the ability to flow x amount greater than lets say a ZE mani, and the ability for the engine to suck in that amount are two different things.. i see no benefit for this N/A and i see a ping nightmare for it f/i - where it could actually benefit from the added flow potential... but would be too busy predetonating in cold and hot weather :shrug:

i was never a fan of the carb setup in my bro's old jeep (which i had to work on) and when he took that bitch EFI, it was a world of difference... more power, reliable starts, better mileage..

but hey... :shrug: its your money :p

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just more Ideas for the Hard Core Mazda guy!!

Flyswat : I'm cracking up. "Who's the Hick". HAAHAHAH

Well everyone,
I'm not going carb. Your right. Carb to Injection is a common gain.

Well I now who is the expert in this field. NOT ME.

I will stick with my Injection.

X: I'm calling you.
Still waiting on my car.

Thank you everyone for this thread. Why is Right. But I do live in Texas. HAHAH.. My dad has a *******. 'really"

Bartley})

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
arlington/dallas/fort forth area huh? I've been down there. I saw plenty of ******** in a bar called Gators :p I was thinking about a custom turbo manifold the other day. With the way the IM is setup i was wondering if every Cylinder was getting an equal amount of air. To insure each Cylinder was getting an equal amount of air I though about removing the throtle body and having individual valves at the end of each runner. I have seen this on old engines and somewhere in a book before but wondered if it would be ideal for FI. did i make any sense? if not I will have to post a pic of some sort.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am going to have to agree with Goat on this one. Check out the list price of an early 60's fuelie Vette over a carbed one. EFI is superior to carburation in just about every way shape and form.

Yeah, those old muscle cars with big shiny carbs sticking out the hood are pretty cool, but I think your money can be better used on a six, especially with a company like Paeco doing the work.

If anything though it will bring attention to this car, which we all want.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I'm going to vote: Go for it.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing a big old blower on a 6...

Just kidding. Turbo all the way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts