Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a klze and im sick of the check engine light and the million sensors egr etc... is it possible to swap over to carbs? if so where do i find an intake manifold, carbs and what CFM rating should the carbs be?"

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Im not sure that is possible? Anyone? You would have to custom make EVERYTHING.

And I might say you would need megasquirt a custom made one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the custom fabricating is no problem, but I want to eliminate the EFI megasquirt or not, and run 1 or 2 carbs. I just really need to know if anyone knows the CFM numbers that this KLZE should be at as starting point, and figure it out from there. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
And I might say you would need megasquirt a custom made one.
I suppose you might need a custom ignition curve to handle the poor fuel delivery of carburetors throughout the rpm band.

Yes, anything is *possible*. People have put ITB setups on the KL so there's no reason you couldn't stick a 6 pack carb on there too with a custom IM.

I'm just not going to search in order to contribute to someone who obviously doesn't understand that EFI is superior to carburetors in about every way imaginable.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
incredibly helpful, thanks, I sure will be back on this site for help, Love that community feel.
Glad to help. :tup:

We look forward to pictures of your project progress. An aftermarket EMS would help with the modified ignition curve.
Ohhhh fastest up to his same old self ;).
Ohhhh Dave,... what's up? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts