1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.preludes-VTEC or not
2.civics-SI or not
3.eclipses-depending on driver, turbo, GT, or not
4.V6's...period(a maxima will give you a good run)
5.any honda

G

·
190hp VTEC Prelude may give us a good run!
I have no comment for Civics, they make me sick
I think an Eclipse GST or GSX would win
The new 2000 and 2001 Maximas would definately be a good race
I hate Hondas!

·
Registered
416 Posts
better watch out for the NSX and TVR's (both six cylinders) :eek:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I hope your talking about first gen GTs, cause an lx wont take out a vtech prelude, and my former dx has been known to take out LXs cause its a few hundred pouds lighter.

You guys hate honda and you must have a good reason for it cause you really sound genuine, but if i were to buy a car right now, there is no doubt in my mind it would be a prelude.

G

·
I have my feelings about Honda's because they are down right annoying. Everytime I see one, I just wanna run it off the road

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well, what makes it annoying? I've nothing against Hondas; seems to me a lot of people here tend to judge cars by their owners.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I'm with Apollo on this one, I don't understand why everyone hates Hondas. They are good cars--no one can deny that. Really good cars.

But, maybe people hate them because they are truly everywhere. I only talk trash about the Ricers--which I have to admit, Ricers seem to prefer Hondas over any other car. I see so much Honda Rice, it is unreal. (If someone does soup up a Honda, it can be really fast--but there are so many of them out there, I'd rather be different).

G

·
Let me clarify myself, I hate ricers which, you are correct, tend to be mostly Honda crap. That's why I don't like Honda's. Oh they mad UGLY too!

·
Registered
372 Posts
If your gonna match up a first gen mx-6 to a vtec prelude (92-96). There's no way. I'd have to say that the SR-V will smoke it. I just like the 92-96 preludes, all other Hondas are ugly.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Um 300zx are bit on the dangerous side they do take of quick and been loosing some ego over a couple, also seen some fast tsi's too!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have a 1990 GT so thats what im talking about.
i have a few minor mods so they might give me some advantage
over these guys but these cars are nothing for my GT.

i dont have anything against honda's either. i love most japanese cars, but driving an MX6 makes me hate them. dont get me wrong if i drove a honda id be the exact opposite, but when i see a honda roll by, believe me i talk shit and do my best to get next to 'em so i can smoke their ass.

lets just say this, anyone within 15 miles of where i live that drive hondas hate my ass, and i like it that way i feel no love for fellow racers.

oh yeah! and preludes may have 190hp's at a zillion rpm, but
we got 190lb. ft. at 3500rpm and the torque will get'em good

[Edited by streetspota on 03-23-2001 at 03:46 PM]

·
Registered
32 Posts
streetspota is right

The 92-96 vtec preludes are pretty quick.. when they get to the top end. If you are in a 1st gen and get a good jump on the lude then they dont have a chance. I realized this the other night when i raced one. I totally killed em off the line but i could tell when they hit their powerband cause they started gaining on me but i still beat em!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts