Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over here in australia castrol have the gtx magnetic i just want to know does it really work,does and how ? does it cling to metal parts ?. and is it a real breakthru or is it just bullshit? im sick of buying hi priced oils when i cant see the differance from a 30$ oil and a $5 oil whats the differnce?????? i think its time we had a closer look at oils in our engines??

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Magnetic oil? Never heard of it before but that sounds purely ridiculous. Many people wrap magnets around their oil filters to help take out metal contaminates in their oil. If the oil was magnetic then that would not be good in my book.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is an extract from castrols australian website

Basically, Castrol GTX Magnatec acts during the crucial Start Up and Warm Up periods in the same way as a conventional engine oil does at normal operating temperature. The result is Total Protection at all stages of the drive cycle.

Castrol GTX Magnatec contains a synthetic ester unique to Castrol. The molecules of this ester cling to an engine’s surfaces like a magnet, leaving a continuous film of oil on engine parts long after conventional oils have drained away to the bottom of the engine.

Castrol calls this Unique Molecular Attraction (UMA). As can be seen on the chart, UMA provides total protection for engine parts at Start Up and Warm Up. The outstanding level of protection provided by Castrol GTX Magnatec is also applicable once an engine has reached normal operating temperature.

UMA occurs at a molecular level, so the oil film is continuously refreshed during engine operation.

At the next oil change after using Castrol GTX Magnatec, the oil will drain away with the exception of a thin film of oil that remains to protect your engine the next time you start your car.
www.castrol.com.au

check out that website the oil doesnt contain magents

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more on the oil

No matter how old or new your car is, there are many benefits from using Castrol GTX Magnatec over a conventional engine oil.
Castrol GTX Magnatec is a SAE 10W–40 engine oil which contains a synthetic ester that provides the benefit of Unique Molecular Attraction (UMA).

UMA dramatically reduces engine wear through the critical Start Up and Warm Up stages of your engines drive cycle.

Conventional engine oils must fully warm up (>70°C) before the antiwear additives become fully effective.

The resultant benefits from using Castrol GTX Magnatec in your engine include:

1. Unique Molecular Attraction (UMA) enables molecules to ‘cling’ to internal metal surfaces in the engine during periods of idleness or stop-start driving, providing enhanced protection before the oil has had a chance to reach normal operating temperature.

2. Helps extend engine life by protecting critical components at Start Up and Warm Up, including camshaft, piston rings and valves.

3. Provides instant protection from the moment you turn the key.

4. Specially formulated as an SAE 10W-40 viscosity for faster oil circulation which helps provide cleaner engine internals and better cooling.

5. Gives excellent oil consumption control.

Castrol GTX Magnatec is suitable for the majority of engine types:

Australian, European, American and Asian designed models
Petrol engines -naturally aspirated and turbocharged
Multivalve engines
Diesel and gas engines in passenger cars, 4WD’s and light commercials.

·
Registered
113 Posts
All this metal bonding business sounds a lot like Catrol Syntec.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All I have to say is "Snake Oil" and look at my bio under this post. 236,435 as of tonight. Nothing but regular "what ever is on sale for 99 cents a quart" motor oil. Original motor, trans, and even axles. Just change your oil every 3,000 miles or so. It's the dirt and heat that ruin an oil. If it stays in the motor too long, then it loses alot of it's lubricating properties. The motor loses protection when that happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts