Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock cat-back system rusted out, what kind of performance system should i get? Im don't have alot of money $350 is about as much as i can afford.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
not for nothing but you can get some custom work done. thats what i did buy like a ractive or any good universal exhaust then go to a good muffler shop have them weld it to some mandrel ( if possible ) bent or kink free bended pipes and your good to go. the install should be up around $200 + what ever you pay for the muffler. but shop around !!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would recommend trying MagnaFlow Performance Exhuaust. I brought my mx6 into a place called "Exhaust Pro's" and for 150 bucks i got the smoothest sounding muffler I've heard around my city. It was cheap because my car already had the 2.5" piping. A couple weeks later i went back for a high-flow cat. Paid 100 installed. So for 250...you can get a nice exhaust....(however you really should save a little more and get greddy or tanabe)

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you look around you can probably find a Borla for that price. If you go the route of a custom system, I know that probesport has a nice universal muffler, and according to the probes that have, they say it is a good buy. Its like 100 bucks or so. You might want to check that out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
look for a used borla... trust me, i got mine for about 200 bucks with 20,000 miles on it... its great. remember, those things have a million mile warranty.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where would i get a used system?

·
Registered
135 Posts
i got lucky, whereas a friend of mine sold his off his wrecked probe gt. your best bet though would be the "for sale/wanted" forums here and especially on www.probetalk.com . people are always selling borlas on there. if you get really lucky, you may be able to find the greddy catback for a similar price. 350 dollars is a decent amount of money to sink into an exhaust. you shouldn't have a problem finding one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts