Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first must say i like this site,lots of info.Well i just bought my first car and it's a 1993 MX6 Ls v6 5 speed,I just had to replace my cat converter and i went to the mazda dealer and my heart stopped $$$$ 1250.00, so i found this performance shop and got one for $150.00 what a deal and my car runs so much faster and the fuel is better now im realy impressed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it at a place caled Evans Race Products and they told me it was more free flowing but still legal,it would also improve my hhp and my fuel. I will call to find the name for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Guys for taking so long. I have the info now, the cat is a Emico Technologies Inc. Part # is 37404(cat905) Made in Barrie Ontario Canada (705)727-1133. I hope this helps so far I am impressed.

·
Registered
830 Posts
For people who is looking for a high flow cat, there is a bulk buy at the probetalk.com for Random Tech high flow cat. Go check it out, I think it's a great deal($149), and I just ordered one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lucky me. I live in FL. No more emissions tests here. Im just gonna hollow my cat. Same as straight pipe without the money =P

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i heard u should keep the cat on unless u have enough air coming through the engine if u dont u will not have enough back pressure to push the air through with out the cat. u hsould bore the throttle body and then port and polish the air manifold then take it off unless u have a turbo then it does not matter i think i am right i might be wrong ask woodnutz

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good thing I have stage 4 manifold, stage 1 heads, and bored tb in the works. Just got to install them =P

Oh yeh, Im not removing it, just hollowing it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts