Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 pgt, I know it is not a mx6 but basicly the same. THe other day my check engine light came on. THe shop told me that it was my 2nd bank cat converter and that just the part would be $500. They told me there is 3 cat conveters on it. I am holding off cause it just does not seem right. If i do need to replace something I would at least like to do it after matket and proformance. Is there really 3 cat converters?

·
Registered
787 Posts
NEGATIVE ! ! Only one. Sounds like a miscommunication to me. Better check with them again, and even get it in writing. If they do say it has 3 cats, maybe you can take the estimate to the cops because they are guilty of attempted [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pfff...$500?? You can buy a $99 high flow cat AND get a very nice mandrel bent exhaust with a performance muffler for that much. Never go back to those guys again...EVAR!!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Uh, you mean.... EVAR!!1!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Does ?????

Did your car start running funny??? if not get a test pipe (if emmision testing is not a big deal)and ignore the code. pm me for a good recomendation :cool:

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
And if you want a cat, I took mine off and its forsale.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
actually he does have 3 cats...well actually 2 pre-cats and one actual cat under the car like 93-95 MX-6

but you can get a universal cat for down under the car for like 70 bucks....but if it is one of those cats on the manifolds then that is alot more...just so you know 96-97 MX-6 LS/Probe GT in Cali have 3 cats...not sure if other states kept the 3 cats....probably not cause cali sux:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts