Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1993 MX6 LS V6

Problem: car stutters when turned on, idle low, major Hesitation at WOT, and i noticed that my Cat is red hot. mechanic diagnosed it and said my coil is too high in resistance, and recommanded to change my coil. would the coil not working correctly cause the cat to be red because of unburnt gas? do u recommand ignition coil replacement to fix the hesitation problem/cat getting red hot? thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea its red

yea its very red, i get code 10 (well i think i do, it just flashes in 4 second intervals and no short flashing, so i think it just keeps telling me i have code 10), when pulling codes. do u think my cat is turning red cuz of unburnt fuel being dumped in it? have to do anything with my coil or is the CODE 10 what is causing the unburnt fuel? thanks.

Code 10 i heard has to do with the IAT sensor and the amount of spark timing. could that cause unburnt fuel therefore cat = red? thanks.

do u recommand changing of coil or the sensor?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nope, i'd say if the cat is turning bright red change it. Its clogged and you need a new one. Then address your emissions problem that caused the clogged cat, but i'd change that soon. I've heard horror stories where they actually start on fire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts