Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
slow?:zzz: hahaha. There nothing special. My friend his girlfriend and I where in a 2.0 dodge shadow 5spd and some kid in an 04 cavi 5spd with intake and exhaust wanted to race. Well he did beat up, but it took him awhile considering we where halling about atleast 300lbs more than him 8D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty much stock, and there's a kid at school that has one with an exhaust and is getting a CAI. He's apparently racing a lot of people and winning. Keep in mind the cars he beat were automatic transmission, he took a V6 camaro, and a stealth, not sure what trim for the stealth, but it had 183000 miles on it. I've got 173000 miles on my 6, but it was well taken care of before I got it, and still runs great.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
mosheen said:
According to ModernRacer.com it's 0-60 in EIGHT SECONDS!
Oh snap! Thats almost as fast as the MX6.

Anyone know what a stock 02 Toyota Echo runs in the quarter, and 0-60? My mom used to have one, but just traded it in for a Volvo S70 (a major upgrade in luxury and speed) and Im wondering what they run just for laughs?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
an echo prolly runs like mid to high 16...
friends echo was hanging with my friends sohc 1.5L hatchback civic... hehe

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
mx6dave said:
an echo prolly runs like mid to high 16...
friends echo was hanging with my friends sohc 1.5L hatchback civic... hehe
Nah...cant be that fast. Seriously, my moms was very slow. I was thinking more like 18s or high 17s at the fastest.

It was very sad. My 6 would leave it in about half a second, like something fierce. So if its mid 16s then my car has to be a mid 14 second car.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Chrissmazdamx6 said:
Nah...cant be that fast. Seriously, my moms was very slow. I was thinking more like 18s or high 17s at the fastest.

It was very sad. My 6 would leave it in about half a second, like something fierce. So if its mid 16s then my car has to be a mid 14 second car.
hmmm well i saw hit automatic echo hang with my friends mtx civic...
not saying the civic is fast... lol but it puts into perspective...
i'd say an echo is no slower than low 17...
0-60:
Transmission: Manual1/4 Mile:
from www.car-stats.com
but the 2003 echo ran a yummy 17.6 or something lol

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
8 seconds to 60 and a 16.2 1/4 mile on the cavi, the ecotec's arent bad for what they are.

·
Registered
148 Posts
you would destroy the cavalier. As long as you don't spin like crazy out of the hole and lose traction too badly, the cavalier should be eating your exhaust about three or four car lenghts behind. Trust me don't rev it to high off the line. I lost to a volvo wagon like that. I spun through 1st, 2nd, and the beginning of 3rd. But it was a turbo wagon man those things are fast.:cry:

·
Registered
24 Posts
My LX destroys new cavs...just the other night some guy tried to show off his cav to his girls and ended up getting wasted by my 6...unless you drive a horse and buggy cavs are nothing. Well, even with the horse and buggy it might be a good race...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Guy showed up at the last autox i went to with a z24 cavi. Whoa. What a pig. Understeer was the name of the game. That and killing cones. Personally, I don't care what kind of car you have, if it don't steer, get out of my way.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I've driven many cars being that I work at a dealer and the Cavi is the WORST car that I have ever been in in so many ways

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have never raced a cavy but my friend with a 95 mustang gt did, he won by 5 carlengths. I have raced the mustang and ate it alive (8+carlengths) so you will def. rape the cavy. Well as long as you dont mess up.

·
Registered
517 Posts
guy i know has one 15.8 bone stock, absolutely nothing done to it. so if you have a stock first gen gt i'd be worried as they have next to no traction problems

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah if it is the 2.2 ecotec cavy it is pretty quick i can understand how he can beat all those other cars like a v6 camaro or a stealth, and might be a close one with your 6, but just race him and find out

1 - 20 of 27 Posts