Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had it happen twice, and both times its been pretty cold the night before..

I go out and start my car this morning about 7am and as usual, I let it warm up for about 5-10 minutes.. It was very cold this morning about 20 degrees or so.. After letting it warm up I start cruising to work.. I decide to pop in a CD. The CD player scans it for a few seconds and pops it back out... I try a different CD-- same results.
After going a few miles down the road and the inside of my car is all nice and toasty, I try it again-- this time it works!! What in the hell?? Do these CD players just not like the cold or what?? Its the stock Panasonic CD player.

Chris

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Unfortunately this is true about CD players. They simply don't like the cold weather. I don't know what it effects specifically.. maybe it's the lazer that has trouble reading the CD that doesn't work when it's cold or something. The same thing happenes to my SONY cd player. Actualy it does detect the CD but it skips a lot when cold. Then as you feel the car getting warm inside, it plays normally. I called crutchfield and they told me that it does happen with some CD players in the cold. Then after the CD player gets warmed up itself, it works fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts