Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I bought my MX6 a while ago and it came with a Pioneer CD player (in dash). Apparently there's an auxilliary function (according to the manual), but it doesn't show anything for it on the front. So I'm assuming the auxilliary is on the back, but I'm not sure how to get to it. Do I unscrew the dashboard (how is that done anyway?), do I try to pry the cd player out? Is it dependent on the player itself?

FIY I just want to connect my mp3 player to my car, without using an fm transmitter (let's be honest, they never carry the quality as well as a direct line in or CD player.) Unless you know of an fm transmitter, less than 30 bucks that is amazing. And I'm not willing to burn hundreds of CD's.

·
Registered
143 Posts
all you have to do is:

remove black plastic trim around gauges and stuff. its three screws and careful hands.
take a cd player removal tool or two pieces of metal coat hanger to release the clips and pull.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks I solved it, now I just need to figure out if best buy carries the cable that will go from my mp3 player to the unit (red and white inputs)

·
Registered
143 Posts
best buy cables are always expensive. they seem to make their money there. walmart usually makes sure to always have the same stuff but not "always" i dont think youll lose any sound quality going through a standard wire. i know radio shack sells them but then again they are the most expensive and not always best.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just bought it, and plugged it into the aux in the back. The sound only comes in through the back speakers (maximum volume on mp3 player) and the dash volume seems to have no effect whatsoever

1 - 5 of 5 Posts