Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, here's a question.... anyone know of a decent CD player I can install that will play my CD-RW's? My stock single player in my 94 LS seems to refuse. Is it me? I'd go for a single or multiplayer, no preference as long as it's decent and won't scratch anything on a bump.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What are you using to burn your cd's. I make them all the time and they always work in my car. I mean you get a bad one every once in a while but usually they always work. If you're recording MP3's make sure you transfer them to the normal cd format first. Also check to see if the cd's that you burn can be played on other cd players it might be your burning program. Use CeQuadrent if you can; it works really well. It's probably not you cars cd player if it plays different cd's fine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
S A F CD-RW's

I'm using a program called Easy CD Creator that came with the Smart and Friendly brand CD-RW. writes at 4X speed if that matters. They are being burned in .CDA format I believe, as an "Audio CD" not a data one. Is CeQuadrant shareware, or what's the price? I'll have a look around for it, thanks for the help! (Probably will look around for a new CD player too, it's a good excuse, hehe).

hr

·
Registered
136 Posts
heh.. no its not what software you burn your cd's with, its because your current cd player doesn't have an update laser assembly or whatever to read the CDRWs.. all the newer AIWA models (even the cheapest $150 cdplayer they got) has CDRW capabilities (and they also have a front line input jack which is useful for hooking up a minidisc player or mp3 player or something..) Later

Jason

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
ATLien1222 said:
heh.. no its not what software you burn your cd's with, its because your current cd player doesn't have an update laser assembly or whatever to read the CDRWs.. all the newer AIWA models (even the cheapest $150 cdplayer they got) has CDRW capabilities (and they also have a front line input jack which is useful for hooking up a minidisc player or mp3 player or something..) Later

Jason
ATLien1222 is right. There are a number of issue with playing CD-Rs in your car. The old CD burner software used proprietary encoding that couldnt be read on anything but computers. The new software makes CDs that can be read by anything. BUT CD-RWs use a reversible burning process therefore the coded reflective surface requires a more sensitive laser-reader assembly. Only some newer CD players can read CD-RWs, but ALL of them can read CD-Rs. If you want a cheap solution, just burn CD-Rs instead of CD-RWs. You can get CD-Rs for about $.75/disc while CD-RWs still cost a few dollars/disc.
And I recommend Nero Burning ROM version 5. It will convert MP3s into Audio tracks on the fly. I used to used Easy CD Creator but I had lots of problems with it.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ooops I didn't see that you said CD-RW I was just assuming you were using CD-R's. I would only use CD-R's because they seem to burn better. It seems like I get a lot of bad burns when I use CD-RW's that's just my experience though. I haven't really messed with it that much. I really like Nero too. It's kind of expensive though. I have CD creater but I never use it I went out and bought a different program because I didn't like it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cd-r's it is then..

hey y'all thanks much, I'm definitely going for CD-R's then and will hope for the best. I'm regretting the pack of CD-RW's then. I guess they'll be good to use for home at least. Look for the update here tomorrow....going to use a CD-R with same Easy CD Creator program, wish me luck..

hr

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
success!

hey, sorry for the delay but finally got around to burning a CD-R as opposed to the CD-RW I tried. And, success! Sounds just fine in my stock 94 LS cd player. Hmm, makes me hungry for a multi player now! Thanks again all for the help, no more CD-RW music CD's for me. Take care.

hr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts