Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been happily fixing engine codes for a while on my 6, from the vris code to the iac code to the 02 code.

Anyhow my CEL still stays on and it no longer spits out any codes in diagnosis mode. I've reset several times now (disconnect battery 10s brake) and still the same... it just stays on!

On diagnosis mode it starts off, them turns on and stays that way, no blinking...

Any ideas or help

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
How's it running? How's your gas mileage? It may just be nothing, or a little moisture in the ECU. If it is running smoothly and your mileage is still the same. I don't know if I would worry about it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been running progressively better, since I started fixing and replacing things, mileage has always been not so good but is getting better with the major tune ups I've been doing.

It just creeps me out that maybe something else is wrong and I really look forward to a time when no indicator lights come on (meaning the car is just right) after the engine light I plan to move on to the brake light (small leak)
then the ABS light and then the SRS light... :(

I just want to fix all the aches and pains in this car.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
maybe since the CEL has got you stumped for the time being, go ahead and fis the brake leak or find out why the abs light is one (may be related to the leak too, maybe air in the line, maybe sticky rear calipers) or the srs light. At least, that way you will feel like you are making some progress.

Reactions: magent_mx
1 - 5 of 5 Posts