Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my valve cover gaskets and added spacers so i think that its something that i did to cause codes 17,23 and 24 to appear. Is there something that is causing this error or are my O2s actually bad. Its sort of a coinsidense that the CEL is coming on right after the install.

Has anybody fixed the codes by doing something else like finding a vacuum leak or something. WHat im trying to ask if there is something interlinked that might cause the computer to think that the O2s are bad?? thanks guys

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
First, reset the PCM by removing the battery negative for a few minutes. If the codes come back, they are likely "real".

When you assembled the intake and whatnot, did you use any silicone-based sealants on the intake manifold gaskets?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah mike they did come back so i resetted again and now they havent came on yet. Its been a few days. I did use some sort of gasket sealant over the spacers. Do you think i should just replace the O2s? I still really think its a coinsidence that they came on right after the install. Got any other tips it might be oh genius one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts