Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought. Don't mean to be an ass or anything, but the words shit and fuck are words that aren't tolerated here on the forum ( as you can see). But what about the word *****? I mean it's ok for a black guy to say *****, lol. But if a white guy says it, it's considered derogatory. I think that the word "*****" should also be taken into consideration. Replace the IGGA in ***** with IZZLE to read NIZZLE...juss like snoop dog. lol. :wave:

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
like you say sometimes its offensive sometimes it isnt....it depends on the context and who is reading it. there are already rules prohibiting racial attacks on other people, so at least one angle is covered

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
SupaDupa6 said:
Just a thought. Don't mean to be an ass or anything, but the words [shizzle] and [fizzle] are words that aren't tolerated here on the forum ( as you can see). But what about the word *****? I mean it's ok for a black guy to say *****, lol. But if a white guy says it, it's considered derogatory. I think that the word "*****" should also be taken into consideration. Replace the IGGA in ***** with IZZLE to read NIZZLE...juss like snoop dog. lol. :wave:
A certain caucasian moderator in the 1G forums asked me one time to "help a ***** out". I wasn't amused as my mother is African American. He of course appologized, I still give him crap about it, and there isn't much of a need to replace ***** with nizzle , or izzle, because there isn't much reason to be using any of those words anyways.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
SupaDupa6 said:
Just a thought. Don't mean to be an ass or anything, but the words [shizzle] and [fizzle] are words that aren't tolerated here on the forum ( as you can see). But what about the word *****? I mean it's ok for a black guy to say *****, lol. But if a white guy says it, it's considered derogatory. I think that the word "*****" should also be taken into consideration. Replace the IGGA in ***** with IZZLE to read NIZZLE...juss like snoop dog. lol. :wave:
For shizzle bizzle im a track with the baby snoo dizzle..... that aint no 5 cent jive either......:shrug:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
in the words of dave chapelle...

[fizzle] yo couch *****!

besides..my wife is black...so does that make me "half"? 8D

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Keep in mind...
If you ever referred to/called a woman a bitch - you are no better
If you ever referred to/called someone fat - you are no better
If you ever referred to/called someone an idiot - you are no better
I can go on and on
There aren't a need for those words to be used (toward people) either, but I'll bet you have...

As for the filter... I mean it's difficult to censor every word
Every dialect has it's own meaning for things
'Bloody', as far as I always known is actually a "curse" in UK
and Shag is the same as F***
I can call someone a *******, different language , same meaning...

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
agiatrix said:
Keep in mind...
I can go on and on
There aren't a need for those words to be used (toward people) either, but I'll bet you have...

I totally agree.

btw, "if you drink and drive, your a bloody idiot" is an ad campaign that has been going on for years and years where i live.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
agiatrix said:
To which I'd retort "Chinga tu madre cabron". Regardless, is that even if it were changed, the underlying conotation would be an ethnic slur. I don't think it should be changed to nizzle, nor anything else. It just shouldn't be said at all.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
agiatrix said:
Keep in mind...
I can go on and on

I cant karma you it said. lol. but a :tup: will do. well said.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
SixSick6 said:
Well said, true, but also entirely different. None of those words involve directly insulting an ethnicity.
But they attack on a personal level man... which still hurts those people just the same. Just because they are not an ethnicity, doesn't make it any less.
There are more women than any single ethnicity - so I wouldn't say the word bitch is different, where it affects half the population including our mothers.

I agree the word was created with hate & ignorance but other words can be used just the same.
If people continue to hold on to things like that, they will never really move on and forward...
There will always be that barrier.
Words can't make you - unless you let them
Words can't break you - unless you let them
Words can't stop you - unless you let them
Words can't take away who you are....- unless you let them
Sorry, it just bothers me to see someone so offended by a word...
I feel it was created to hurt... and as long as people let it keep hurting, that power will always be greater than them. (meaning the goal of hurting people, was won and the creators of it will continue to use it to keep people down)
much love everyone...:wave:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
agiatrix says some very wise words.

And if they don't let the word *****, then they shouldn't allow cracker, *******, hillbilly, retard, bastard, ect.....

It doesn't matter if the word effects a race, all these words effect someone, and still protray neg. images of people.

I say let it like it is, and let the people who say it get there ass chewed out for saying it from other members.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
JoKeR6 said:
And if they don't let the word *****, then they shouldn't allow *cracker*
Thanks Joker
I was actually going to mention that ..lol
That is ...a RACIAL SLUR against caucasian people created and used by african american people.
It's funny how it's taboo in movies or even 'real life' for a 'white' person to even use the urban version of 'n' but it's all funny and OK when a 'black' person refers to a 'white' as a "craker ass craker"....
Double standard? - or is it because white people don't care enough ... whatever the case...
We are all greater than words.

This SO became a lounge type thread... lol

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I have a black friend that calls me "Cracka" and I call him "*****" We both laugh about it, because it's used in a joking manner, not as derogatory slander, and we only use those terms between the two of us because we KNOW we're just joking.

Agiatrix, what you said is right, and what Damien said is also right. It's hard to decipher between what is meant to be cruel, and what is meant to be a joke on an internet forum. It's just better left unsaid on a message board as to not offend anyone.

Reactions: mx6dave

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
well i'm a cracka ass cracka...but my wife calls me a ***** and in turn, call her niggretta...it's all terms of endearment :tup: heh

1 - 20 of 40 Posts