Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten the new SCC yet. In Technobabble they put a challange to different cars, and ours (V6 Mazda) was to build a 13 sec. car. Can be Turbo but no NOS. It also has to do it reliably. The reward is a feature in SCC. Is anyone even close yet?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Well, Gerry Sica, owner of PRM Racing (the intakes) runs a 1994 Ford Probe GT to 13.7-second quarter mile times all-motor. I've seen his car at a dyno in Toronto (Scarborough actually) turn close to 175HP to the front wheels. His car is gutted behind the driver's seat and he runs slicks and skinnies, but he's in the 13s already.

Allan Wong (also Toronto-based) is running a heavily modded 1994 626 with a high-pressure turbo stroker KL03 (I think he's set up for 20PSI). He's got to be in the 12s if everything holds together.

Mike Paszti and others have slightly more mild turbo KL03s in PGTs with 220HP+ to the wheels and I'm sure there are lots of MX6s with blowers. These are all 13-second cars.

They're out there...SCC is just to blind to see them :)

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
no kidding...

It would be nice to get a little more recognition sometimes. In my totally non-biased opinion import news should have more mx-6 content, or, for that matter, mazda content period. I guess they suffer 'cause there owned by ford but com'on is that our fault? (j/king!)
cya,
mc
-------------------
Canadian '93LS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts