Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I had mine changed, and alot of people have had theirs changed...

I had mine shortened to stealth from stealthmode95

definatlly put a request into one of the admins, but you may or may not be able to get it cahnged.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
yeah, we've done it a LOT in the past (heck, i used to be "supersaiyan93" myself), but it's gotten to be a chore with a lot of the new members not liking the name they signed up with and requesting new ones. Because of the time involved in fulfilling ALL the requests, we've decided that it's probably more prudent to just keep things like they are and keep names as they are. that way, the admins have more time to fix things that are more important on this site, like getting the garage feature working again, or fixing some vBulletin bugs in the software. :)

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I sent a PM to "imagoon" earlier today and I guess the person exists.. I now just forwarded it to "imagoonmx6" since I guess the person who I sent it to is the wrong one!

No, it's not a name change, just a FYI that the non-mx6 version didn't bounce back.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Trent said:
yeah, we've done it a LOT in the past (heck, i used to be "supersaiyan93" myself), but it's gotten to be a chore with a lot of the new members not liking the name they signed up with and requesting new ones. Because of the time involved in fulfilling ALL the requests, we've decided that it's probably more prudent to just keep things like they are and keep names as they are. that way, the admins have more time to fix things that are more important on this site, like getting the garage feature working again, or fixing some vBulletin bugs in the software. :)
But, you realize, that will cause people to create new accounts,which is not supposed to be allowed(for a reason I am sure)...but when people want their name changed, there is not much of a choice...
With 34k +members,one can only wonder how many of those are the same people who decided to create a new account to change their name
A user ID is what people identify you with, and if you don't like it anymore,or feel it's immature/silly/does not apply to your life anymore (mikesgirl etc.)...naturally, you will want to change it.

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
I sent a PM to "imagoon" earlier today and I guess the person exists.. I now just forwarded it to "imagoonmx6" since I guess the person who I sent it to is the wrong one!

No, it's not a name change, just a FYI that the non-mx6 version didn't bounce back.
imagoon is his test account.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts