Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys (and gals),

'94 MX6 4 Cyl.

Getting ready to tackle my timing belt and I was wondering if anyone had any good tips they could give me, whether they be time saving tips or money saving tips. So far, I know to go ahead a replace all of the accessory belts while I'm in there.

I've also been looking at a Shop Manual I purchased, and it says to remove the wheel well on the passenger's side to access it, and to use a jack to elevate the engine and remove the passenger side mount. Is all this necessary? or just easier? thanks in advance,

- JL

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had mine almost completely done until I found that mine was cover under a recall. I go thung up on the crank pully bolt. I couldn't get that to break loose. Yes I believe you will have to remove the motor mount since the belt I think goes around it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
OK, definitely take your time and be ready to give your car up for maybe 2 days if don't have the tools and are not an expert. you'll definitely have to remove the pass front wheel. Then you have to remove the, I guess, mud cover to gain access to the engine. Then with the car raised up in jack stands, place a pump jack on the bottom of the engine to hold it up while you remove the engine mount. The removal and installation shoul dbe straight forward.. it's the timing that you have to make sure you get right if not you're all screwed....

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's a pain in the ass. I just did mine on my new KLZE, but the engine wasn't in the car. I'm so glad I did it though because I helped my friend do his in his car last weekend and it sucked. Not hard just time consuming. I don't want to ever do it again though. I'll probably just take it in next time. Oh well at least I don't have to worry about in for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts