Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be able to make future MX-6 Meet in T.O.

I was just wondering if Mississauga is an OK place to live? Or where would be the best place in that area to live if I had to move there. I was approach by a VP in the company I work for and he asked if I would consider a position in our Mississauga offices and I am debating weather I should say yes or no.

I need your opinions on living in T.O.!!!!!

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I don't know about living downtown TO or Mississauga(been there only once) but I'd love to live in a city like Whitby which isn't too far east of Toronto...maybe 25-30 minutes...but I guess you'd better take someone's opinion who lives there closer in!

bj

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey dude,

Mississauga is a great place to live. I grew up there, only to move to Toronto (closer to work). Toronto is fast becoming a New York wannabe city. Rent is going up, condo's are sprouting up all over the place, and buying a house for less than 200K that has any space whatsoever is completely out of the quesion. Not to mention property taxes. The pubic transit system is also becoming a bit of a nightmare. No government funding, thus driving in can be a pain. However, I live here and I love it. I live in an area called Bloor West Villiage, close to High Park. It's a nice community, but close enough to downtown (10 minutes by car, 20 by subway). All this being said, we're moving to Mississauga....

Housing in Mississauga is way more affordable, and property taxes are reasonable. The city has tonnes of reserve cash, so things like infrastructure and services always run at their best (or close to it). For $200K in Mississauga you can pick up a new, 4 story house and pay only $1200/yr in property taxes. It's double (and more) in Toronto in some areas. Mississauha isn't too far from Toronto. Basically 20 minutes on the highway and you're downtown. Unfortunately Mississauga Transit sucks, so you basically have to drive everywhere. It's clean and the neighborhoods are generally nice. If you are buying look in the older parts of Mississauga, Lakeshore around Cawthra Rd, Queensway between Cawthra and Burnhamthorpe (hwy 10). The newer complexes tend to be too congested and lack character.

I could go on, however if you want more information or maybe a tour of some places in the MX6 shoot me an email!

cheers,

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you like about Whitby? I have never been there, but I know we have a new warehouse there.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Its a nice place

I'm from Woodbridge,Ontario and only 20 mins away from Mississauga. Its a really nice place to live. My suggestion is to come on over and check out Ontario its an amazing place to live. You will meet all kinds of people and have all kinds of thing to do in Toronto alone. Its one place where you will enjoy life.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
It was just a nice, clean city. Reminds me a lot of the newer developments closer to where I live. It's well built up but not too congested like the really big cities. Maybe I liked it more because I prefer a little bit a fresh air and peace and quiet at night where as in downtown TO, or any big city for that matter, those things are unavailable. The houses in Whitby for the most part are awesome as well. It's kinda my home away from home hehe. But I realise it's a little further outside of TO then I originally thought because I remember it taking about 40 minutes (I think...it's been a while since I've been there without my car) by GO train. Like Acidburn said though, go check out the entire area because I'm sure there's lots of nice places around there. Good luck!

bj

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been to Ontario a few times because my father lives there, but he spends his time between Newmarket and Kingston so I haven't seen much of Mississauga, mostly just those 2 places and T.O.
Thanks for the info Spish, I figured Toronto itself would be outrageously priced, so I was thinking of living in Mississauga and surrounding areas. I am most likely going to look into buying. I will defenetly have to look at those places you mentioned.

As long as there are some cool pubs, place for me to play hockey and nice places for me to ride my 6, I will be happy. Not too mention having an NHL team near by and all kinds of concerts!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bj_swift said:
It was just a nice, clean city. Reminds me a lot of the newer developments closer to where I live. It's well built up but not too congested like the really big cities. bj
That is what I would be looking for..........remember I am from the maritimes, I like it a little slower paced than the TO lifestyle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
NSCanada6 said:
As long as there are some cool pubs, place for me to play hockey and nice places for me to ride my 6, I will be happy. Not too mention having an NHL team near by and all kinds of concerts!
Don't worry about any of that. Tonnes of rinks in Mississauga, there are some great pubs up by Square One, and down in Port Credit and the roads seem to always have fresh ashphalt! :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don't go man! Your the only cool mx6er arround here I know! haha No really thou, good luck on whatever decison you make!
Think of a price yet for me?

·
Registered
763 Posts
TORONTO is HYPE

I LOVE LIVING Here

I haven't been around the world or anything like that, but I've lived in Hong Kong, and compared to everywhere else I've vacationed to, toronto is HYPE

I myself (being a city guy) would recommend living here as compared to whitby or any other small town.

DOwntown to is always hype, lots of bars, lots of strip joints, etc etc etc.

its a reAlly big city and compared to n.s., it will be very very different but I think its BOMB!

peace

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wouldn't mind the big city, I have been to TO many times. It's just the girlfreind who would prefer a more relaxed atmosphere. If TO is only 20 Minutes from Mississauga, then I can still get to all the strip joints and bars in no time!! The only thing is that I probably wouldn't be able to afford living downtown TO.
Thanks for the advice, I will let you guys know what I decide.

·
Registered
763 Posts
hahahah!!! i thought you said you had a girlfriend!!! Im sure she doesnt approve of the strip jointS!!

peace

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hehe, she has no problems with me going, just not ALL the time! }) })

1 - 14 of 14 Posts