Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my rear struts and springs in my '91 DX, and I've found a bunch of places to buy struts, but I have yet to find a place with cheap OEM springs for the car. I'm not interested in lowering the car because of the cost as well as bad Wisconsin winters.

Can anyone suggest a place for some inexpensive OEM springs?
I went to roebuckmazda.com and it was something like $130 per spring... sounded ridiculous.

Also, are there any other parts I should replace with the struts/springs? (strut mounts, bushings?)

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have some fairly new OEM spring from my car. I'll let you have for 45.00 ea they are one year old and were subbed for some eibach springs. I've changed the springs twice in the 2 yrs with my 6 and each time everything was fine. The mount could be replaced but it didn't need too.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I still have my stock springs as well. In pretty good shape. I'll give 'em to ya cheap. They are just sitting in the basement and I'm moving to a studio apartment soon so I would rather give them to somebody who needs them than throw em away.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offers guys, but will GT springs fit on a DX?

Also, I'm now considering that perhaps just the struts could be replaced, because the car sits level, but just has a rough ride and lots of bouncing in the back..... think it's just the struts or do the springs have to go too?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
As far as I know all 1st gens use the same springs. If your current springs don't seem to be sagging then they are probably OK. Get some nice gas shocks to smooth your ride. The Tokicos are nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts