Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for suggestions on cheap performance mods. I don't care if I have to goto a junk yard and take parts off other cars. I'm already gonna get a K&N air filter.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
the only cheap mods come to mind are the general maitanence :rolleyes:
try cleaning out your air intake manifolt and trottle body, pull out resonator from the fender, dyno tune it, drop in filter(K&N or something).... thats about it...... ohh another one, put better plug leads

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
you gane $h!t all from pulling resonator out.... though you get poeple who lost power and who gaind power, i dont belive them as i have not seen any changes..... what you do gain is a little extra bass in the exhaust.....may i under line a LITTLE.
it loccated in the fender, to pull it out you need to undo a little nut infront of the batery, then undo the bolts that hold wheel arch cover(plastic thing that is inside the wheel arch) when that plastic bit cames out you will see a hose from you air filter box going into a resonator....gust desconect a hose and pull the resonator out(that will requer some wiggling)

hope that helped.... though i wouldn't bother with it... i had some time during oil chage and then i did it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.