Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just got this light today during lunch

i was getting back to work from lunch and as i was breaking the brake light went on and as i turned the corner it shut of and the check engine light went on and wont turn off.

i tried doing the lazy thing and turning the car off when i parked and turning back on to see if the ligt would shut off, but nope, it stayed lit.

any idea what it might be. im taking it to autozone to get the code and see what it might be, but just wanted to get an opinion if you guys might have gotten this before.

·
Registered
763 Posts
if it was coming off and on and probably is your oxygen sensors......tried checking those, but why would you take it to autozone to get it checked out when you can pull the codes yourself with a paper clip.....just SEARCH on how to do this and you will be fine....its easy pulling codes....then just come back here and there is a website stating what the codes mean...etc.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
As regards your brake warning light coming on during braking, just ensure your brake fluid level is just above the MAX mark.. its very sensative and will illuminate if it drops below max just a fraction.

Oddy.

·
RXLS1
1,668 Posts
Or he can have autozone do it...its free, and it takes less time, because we usually no what we're doing...

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
Juanchi said:
if it was coming off and on and probably is your oxygen sensors......tried checking those, but why would you take it to autozone to get it checked out when you can pull the codes yourself with a paper clip.....just SEARCH on how to do this and you will be fine....its easy pulling codes....then just come back here and there is a website stating what the codes mean...etc.
like the guy stated above, autozone will do it free and they will do it fast and most of the time you will get a nice neat print out with the numbers rather than trying to read the morse code lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts