Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 mx6, love it - but the engine light comes on every day and turns off when I decelerate slightly.

No mechanics have been able to address this in my experience (I also had this with my 89 Toyota Corolla; never was an issue) and I have been told not to worry about it.

In fact I just drove from CA to OR, + 2000 miles and it just happily came on and off - car didn't blow up...

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

JC

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
jcvilla said:
I have a 93 mx6, love it - but the engine light comes on every day and turns off when I decelerate slightly.

No mechanics have been able to address this in my experience (I also had this with my 89 Toyota Corolla; never was an issue) and I have been told not to worry about it.

In fact I just drove from CA to OR, + 2000 miles and it just happily came on and off - car didn't blow up...

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

JC
Yep...try going to my website and clicking on "Malf Codes". Follow the instructions there to read the code(s) out yourself. As BOWDWN2MX6 says, it's very likely one or more of the O2 error codes 15, 17, 23 and 24.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Can bad O2s cause a rising idle. Idle is perfectly set at 700 when idling but when i start to drive my idle will rise. In between shifts my RPMs drop very slow like im pressing the gas a bit when im not. Before the VCGs replaced and the spacers installed the RPMs would drop very quickly. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts