Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i'm driving my check engine light is coming on, being i have no money to fix it right now i've been letting it go but the light always comes on at the same time... for example when i leave my friends house it always comes on at the same time on the highway. Is this a built in thing to get you into shop (just hit 140,000km) or is it possibly i need my timing belt replaced? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
you might want to check into replacing your O2 censors...I've seen them for about $85 eachx2 if anyone sees them cheaper let me know my light has been on for awhile too but since my car is in the shop *sobs* cant fix it yet...Hope this helps guys...PEACE

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
You can read the codes yourself on 93-95 MX6s. For V6s, go to my website (see my sig) and click on "Malf Codes" to see how.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Service manual

Any of you guys know a good place online to get a service manual for a 94 mx6? What about the code reader?

Thanks!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Re: Service manual

Locke said:
Any of you guys know a good place online to get a service manual for a 94 mx6? What about the code reader?

Thanks!
Your code reader for a 94 is a paper clip and your eyeballs, check Mike's site out from his sig above. I got my manual at Amazon.com, it was cheap and shipped right to my door.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jerky admins

easy with the search in large font and raggin the guy out, he is just helping. who cares if it is somewhere else you can't search everything here... isn't that the point for a message board? take it easy.

Peace,

·
Registered
112 Posts
i checked mike's site and it didnt help me one bit so can y'all answer my question now? my engine light comes on sometimes when i run hard on a cold engine or if i mash the gas all the way down. could someone tell me what it could be? thanks in advance y'all

·
Registered
172 Posts
actually ever since i got my custom catback piping of 2.25 inches my CE light comes on but only when i'm gear for a little bit. as soon as i giv eit more gas it comes back on, its just when i'm cruising. ???

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
If Mike's site didn't help you, what can we say? It explicitly tells you what you need to obtain the codes from your PCM, and tells you what each code means.

That would be a good start, because if we don't know which codes are stored in your PCM, how can we help?

Tyson

·
Registered
112 Posts
yeah but mike's site is for car people that know what the heck he is talkin about... i went on the site and i didnt know what anything meant... i guess what im trying to say is to put what he is saying into terms we non-car-savvy people can understand. does that make sense? thanks

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Shizznit MX6er said:
yeah but mike's site is for car people that know what the heck he is talkin about... i went on the site and i didnt know what anything meant... i guess what im trying to say is to put what he is saying into terms we non-car-savvy people can understand. does that make sense? thanks
Well, I went and had a look at the offending page on my site. I really didn't think it was that complicated. Open the Diagnostic box beside the battery, use a paperclip to jumper the pins labelled 'TEN' and 'GND' pins together (use the little drawing as a guide if you need to), turn on the ignition and count the flashes on the check engine light. I even made up a little animated GIF showing a hypothetical code 24...

If you can just read the code out, tell us and we'll try to help. If it's still a mystery, I suggest a trip to the dealership service department.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts