Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Check out my V-tec!

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  thingsthatfly2 
#1 ·
Well, i was sort of exhausted on the mx6 over the summer, and i wanted a new project.
My friend had this thing sitting in his garage forever, and i offered him 75$ for it and he gave it to me.
He said it had a bad crank bearing (because they had the variator cover off and you could jiggle the crankshaft). didnt bother me, i planned on fully rebuilding it anywho

took it home, and took a week or so to completely strip it to the frame. i had parts laying everywhere in the basement, and i had no idea where half of them went.. :D

right when i got it:

then i tore apart the motor, soon to find out that it definitely was not a bad bearing..

who cares, buy a new one!

apart and cleaned + new crankshaft:

one hell of a port/polish on the intake:

on to the fun stuff... })

72cc Hand ported Polini Corsa and Phongeer Long exhaust:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
painted and starting to go back together:

i liked the white and black, and i actually liked the purple wheels. they give it some style!

i first rebuilt it with the stock cylinder and head, just so i could actually get a feeling for every upgrade a did to it.
Stock, alot of people have troubles getting these to 35 mph. mine fired up, and i had it doing 38mph on the first run. no tuning at all.
then after about 15 minutes the stock exhaust cracked in half on a main street, so i said [fizzle] it and took off and never got it :D

put on the phongeer, and it did 45 on a stock 49cc motor! no tuning at all.

anywho, a week later i put on the 72cc big bore, and carb and everything else. OH, MY, GOD. wayyyyy more power :)

it is so fun to work on one of these, i basically put in a whole different motor and fuel system in like 3 hours haha (and had it running.. that says something to..)

anyways, finished product:

i mean really, how many people do you know with pirellis on a moped? :cool:

jspec tails biatchhh

and the totals:
bike - 75
crank/spring/others- 150
rollers/bearing/misc from honda- 45
Polini corsa / pg long / 8.44:1 / speed variator- 585 :eek:
pirellis- 100
coil- 40
Carb/cable/filter/intake- 200
mirrors- 20
jdm tails- 55
jet pack- 25
rollers/clutch springs- 40

total, $1335.
and those are just receipts.

i had 1400 in my head, and that is the first time i have every put it on paper and calculated it. im sure after all the random other [shizzle] and parts ive forgot ive got at least 1400.

the thing is CRAZY fast. everyone is like why the hell would you spend that much on a moped. your retarded. (i have many, many people say "you coulda had a new clutch and flywheel installed for that!". i say, whatever! this was way more fun.)
and every single person who has rode it said "yup, it was worth it!".

MPG: 50
top speed: 78 MPH
:angel:

#6 ·
Shit dude. Vtec is scary huh. you should NOS that bitch lol.

#8 ·
[shizzle] dude. Vtec is scary huh. you should NOS that bitch lol.
i was actually thinking about it. there is a port already on the intake manifold that is currently plugged, and i could run it thru there. I wanna do some more research on nos (like wet/dry whatever). i would run something extremely extremely small though. i'll prolly never do it, A i have already spent way too much on it, and B i dont wanna blow the motor lol.
wow really cool! looks fun to ride!
any other plans... id say it looks brand new if it wasnt for the seat!
there really isnt anything else to do to it! lol.
basically the only thing thats still honda is the frame/wiring/block haha.
looks like fun, love the speedo going over 35.
lol, and BURYING THAT FUCKER :D

#13 ·
and thats why i did it!

everyone is used to seeing a scooter and being like "motherfuck. im gonna have to pass them."

NOBODY knows what to think when you pass them, and THEIR going 50 mph })
Like you really need a ported exhaust on that [fizzle]er :lol:
it helps... a lot believe it or not.
That is SWEET!! I'll race you on my Vtec beast 250cc of honda babyblade
when tuned extremely well, they can keep up with most 'faster' cars till about 50 lol.
I don't no if NOS still makes it, but there used to be a "Sneeky Pete" setup. It was a little skinny bottle that you could hide in a glove box and it was good for a couple of 50hp shots!!:p Then you could REALLY light-up those Pirelli's!!:tup:
WTF???? 50 horse?
i sure hope you mean 5.
the thing prolly has about 7 (total guess) right now.

#11 ·
That is SWEET!! I'll race you on my Vtec beast 250cc of honda babyblade

#12 ·
I don't no if NOS still makes it, but there used to be a "Sneeky Pete" setup. It was a little skinny bottle that you could hide in a glove box and it was good for a couple of 50hp shots!!:p Then you could REALLY light-up those Pirelli's!!:tup:

#18 ·
i'll sell it to you :)
wow thats awesome. And 78 mph on a moped thats freakin crazy. I dont think i would want to go that fast on one. How did you figure that out? Just get somebody to drive next to you and see how fast you could go?
edit* if you want nitrous look into the kits made for those little pocket bikes. They would probably be about right for that.
heres one i found on ebay $40 isnt too bad but i dont know how good the quality is
pocket bike nitrous
my dad followed me on his harley.

and those look like c02 cartriges. i dont know if i would trust them...
spray it.
sell me some :D

#15 · (Edited)
wow thats awesome. And 78 mph on a moped thats freakin crazy. I dont think i would want to go that fast on one. How did you figure that out? Just get somebody to drive next to you and see how fast you could go?

edit* if you want nitrous look into the kits made for those little pocket bikes. They would probably be about right for that.
heres one i found on ebay $40 isnt too bad but i dont know how good the quality is
pocket bike nitrous

#16 ·
spray it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.