Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

2061 - 2080 of 28194 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
crusty said:
then let's just let it go. I really can't be bothered any more.
well im glad we got that out of the way.

just had a look at realised ive got 314 posts in this thread. its almost half of my total post count :p

·
Registered
248 Posts
New to mx6

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, as I just bought an mx6.
I'm looking to slowly change the image from stock, starting small.
Can anyone help me on the below items?

Where can I find locally, clear side indicators

How to change the fog light's yellow color to white

Does the altezza / clear tail lights exist for this car?

Where can I get a set of those amazing looking angel eyes headlights?

Geez, looks like a shopping list!

Your help is appreciated

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
welcome to site mate. id go for more performance stuff rather than cosmetic bits but thats just me.

has anyone put rx7 injectors in their car? if so from which series?

·
Registered
248 Posts
ultimately that's what I'd like to do, but moving from a 4 cyl crapola to the mx6 is at the moment a great performance increase for me!

and I want to start off with cheap little things that change the look slightly

but definitely in the future, I will add performance boosters.... once I learn about what they are and how to get them!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Welcome to the site. I don't know much about the 2nd gen MX6 but there's quite a few guys here with them that will be able to help. I'll give it a quick go though while you wait for the experts.
No idea about the clear side markers.
I don't think you can get Altezzas for the mx6, I've seen a few guys with a Supra tail light conversion, no clears though. That's not really a bad thing, every one has clears now, it's almost standard fitment.
Your fogs, is the lens actually yellow, or is it discoloured? If it's just gone a bit yellow from age you can use a cutting compound (like T-Cut) to polish it off.
Don't know where you'd pick up angel Eyes either.....not much help really.

Have you checked out the main 2nd Gen forum here? Mostly posts by the US guys but some good ideas.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for the help crusty,

the fog lights themselves are tinted yellow, I thought it was because of the globe, but the light itself is yellow tinted. perhaps repco might have something....

thanks again

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,069
Mr. MX6 said:
There is a yellow lens inside the spot you can remove.. QUOTE]

Wow thats interesting i didnt know that. That would be an easy fix to the yellow look.

·
Registered
30 Posts
yellow lens

It is so easy to remove the yellow lenses, 3 screws remove the spots, remove plug, remove globe, remove 2 little screws pull out lens, prize off yellow glass bulb then reassemble. Cant belive i put up with the yellow for so long before someone on here told me how easy it was.
Not even five minutes work per side, but looks a lot better than the yellow.
Unfortuanately the front indicators aren't as easy to get ridof the orange lens in them - i'm working on it though.
Alan.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,071
SOunds good I cant believe I didnt know about it.

Got a picture?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks alot guys,

I just got home from work, and I'm going right back out to change them!!

:)

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
What's wrong with the amber fogs? I find them useful - especially around foggy Melbourne

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not much need for them in Adelaide, besides its proberly more of a personal taste thing - and the yellow glow just had to go for me. Now just use them as driving lights.
Alan.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
the ge2 didnt have amber .. so to me it is an instant dating of the car thing.. much like the rims..

·
Registered
248 Posts
well, I just took off the amber, and they look ace!

Darkslayer: where do I get those from?!?!?!?!? and the tail lights

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah i agree Morfeeyus the white light is a hell of a lot better looking (IMO). I'm going to try and remove the amber in the indicators next (piece by piece needs o be broken out by the looks) and just use the silver globes that glow orange when activated. I've already got a set of clear side indercators that just need a little modifying to fit.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Just to go completely off topic... Thats what this thread is for :D Ever had one of those days? I have Today! Started work at 8 and still here !! :damnmad: at 6:20 pm. Dealing with some stupid issues, that I can't believe happened. At least it's Friday.

2061 - 2080 of 28194 Posts