Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

28141 - 28160 of 28182 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Same old really.

Falcon needs more Barra turbo...sleeper :p
it will be getting the FPV F6 Typhoon engine from cms with modded sump and plug and play adapter plugs all for $5500 off the shelf fully installed

when i save the cash till that time comes just gonna drive the tickford engine till it dies which it wont

·
Registered
814 Posts
I like the Falcon, love the EF shape.

We're back in Australia in November for three weeks, going to try and sell my 626 in that time. Its been in storage for nearly 3 years.

Seems a shame but thats how life goes..
if you do get a e series, get a wagon and join my site OZWAGONS.com • Index page

·
Registered
396 Posts
I love wagons but I think a falcon is a bit too expensive in fuel for UK roads. Plus they don't exist over here..

Just remembered I still have not one but two digital dashboards for the mx6/626 1st gen..

Might be able to get some money for them.

I thought about importing it but it wouldn't pass MOT with all the mods on it plus insurance is a bitch over here. Mandatory for everyone and its hideously expensive

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
actually $80 fills my 72 litre tank at $1.40.9 and i see about 580km urban city driving depending on how i drive most of the timing its seeing 5500rpm and i get nearly 780km on a long trip

but i have replaced everything on this car aswell from o2 sensors to coil pack leads temp sensor etc

and my trip computer says that im doing 9.9litre per 100km aswell i have had it to 7.8l before

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just bought some more stuff for my 86. Buddy selling his JDM track wheels for a ridiculous price(including tyres) $800. So I snapped them up

They are called SprintHart CP-R.. 16x7 +35 offset, should be excellent for the track. Hopefully the wheels are lighter than my WedsSports(6.75kg) - will be fantastic if they are.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just did some googling on the wheels, apparently they are *forged*.
Checking on wheelweights.net:
"Racing Hart CP-035R .. Forged .. 16x7 .. 10.8lbs .. 4.898kgs"

Took off my curretn wheel/tyre to compare:
Weds(6.75kg) with 235 section weighed 17.8kg
CP-R(4.9kg) with 205 section weighed 15.0kg

Someone reckoned that they were countefeit as the wheel/tyres were too cheap(I got them for $800), but looks like I made a score!
Went to Kaltyre today to drop them off and get some 225/50/16 Michelin Pilot Sport 3's fitted. Was going to get a dedicated 'dry' track tyre specifically for these wheel, but they cost is ridiculous: $300+ per corner for Kumho KU36's.. and AD08's are around $350+ per corner.
Decided to go the PS3's as that's whats currently on my Weds now, so the CP-R's will be doing double duty, plus it'll be good to have a set of wheels where I can push the car to its limits without worrying about hurting the wheel.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Been AGES since I did anything resembling an update in here.

still have the 626 (though I am hoping it is just the knock sensor cable that is causing its issue currently, or it will be time for a new cheap daily).

MPS is getting tuned for the new turbo though, "daily" tune is done, nice and safe, last two logging runs are below (based on awd @ the hubs power). Next step is to start the interesting tune, going for 22-24psi, depending on what comes out being safe running 10% e85.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Just bought some more stuff for my 86. Buddy selling his JDM track wheels for a ridiculous price(including tyres) $800. So I snapped them up

They are called SprintHart CP-R.. 16x7 +35 offset, should be excellent for the track. Hopefully the wheels are lighter than my WedsSports(6.75kg) - will be fantastic if they are.
They suit the car a bit better.
I really like that front lip as well. Can you get a discount for the package?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Jeebus, this thread is still going. I was one of the first to post on this thread almost 10 years ago!! I should tell Chickebabe to log in for history's sake.

PS. Someone buy my FE3, it's the only MX6 thing I have left!

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Noticed a lovely grinding noise while coming home from the hills on Monday.

Timing belt about to pack it in on the 626 (it's done done about 90,000kms since last change). Going to get the usual bits done at the same time - pump, etc. More fkn money.

Thinking it's time to sell it on at some stage this year. I love it to bits, but I need something a bit more reliable, safer and a little more roomier.

Thinking mid-size wagon. If they drop in price a bit towards the end of the year, a E90/E91 320d is pretty appealing. Hard to find wagons (E91) with the MSport pack.

Could still look at the other E91 wagon variants, 328i etc.

Otherwise Gen4 Liberty wagon, GT Spec B.

Not much else out there that really interests me to be honest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys and girls I just picked up an mx6. My first mazda too. Gotta say Im pretty impressed so far. I paid $350 for this beast with just over a months reg. Sure she the body is rough but has all round king springs and a sports exhaust. The owner was selling cheap as she thought the fuel pump was playing up but I got it running nice and smooth. It seemed more to do with the alarm/immobiliser. I dont know if it was a coincedence or not but I pulled out the engine fuse near the kick panel and she started stright up. I didnt have any instrument panel for the way home but seemed to run fine. Anyway time will tell I spose, but it did come with a brand new fuel pump. Cant wait till the weekend so I can have a proper play with it. :)

28141 - 28160 of 28182 Posts