Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

28161 - 28180 of 28191 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Dropped into the forums this morning to see what the April Fools thing was going to be this year, judging by the tumbleweeds and cobwebs I think we can almost safely say that until the mx6 collectors item stage rolls around that the forum is pretty much dead :(

Might as well drop an update, in case anyone swings by...

Still got the 626, when it gets really hot it has a misfire I can't seem to resolve, trouble shooting is on-going, but may be moving her on soon.
MPS is running around 350 killawasps, fast enough to snap a weld on the front seat rail, but other than that shes running sweet.

Bought a house, final inspection is today, settlement is on Monday. Nice little 3x1.5 in the nice bit of nollamara, walking distance to a bus stop to get me to work. Guess that means I can have the mps for a "daily" and a FD for the one weekend a month it decides to work :p

Take it easy peeps, if anyone still swings past...

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Hey Fizzy, funny seeing you on here. :p I guess all the old boys still come back here occasionally. Good to see we all still like checking in from time to time. Anyway, I will chat to you later today. And for everyone else, Hello old friends. Hope you are all doing well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm still in England, been here 3.5 years, still paying a warehouse to store my 626 every month. I've tried to sell it a few times but no-one has the money for a project car. I'm considering pulling the motor and gearbox next visit, ripping out any good bits of the car and putting them under my wife's parents house. I'd like to use the motor to build a RWD car when/if I get back to Australia.. I love the thought of that motor in an old RWD 323 or something. I imagine trying to mate the engine with a RWD gearbox would be quite a bit of work..

Every day I miss driving my car, such is life.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
It's been a while around here but hey all if you see this and come back :)

I've sadly come to the decision to part out my probe it's a very sad day indeed i've spent a year trying to find a new engine and get the money to continue with it but it's just not in the cards for me sadly so I with regret will be putting her out of misery

It's been a fun ride and I really wish i could of had the electric sc up and running even for just one run it would of been great but there isn't much I can do about it :(

Nice to see people still come here although sadly it seems to be pretty dead

But i hope everyone is doing fine and is enjoying life :)

If anyone needs parts let me know

·
Registered
7,044 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Wow cant believe this thread is still going. Miss the old 626. Moved onto a series 4 rx-7.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
All that matters is you beat Blake in the EG Civic (he works with me :) )

No real news here. Registered interest and dropped deposit on two blocks of land in Craigie. Missed out unfortunately, so I'm still searching for a place. Pretty much been 5 months of disappointment and frustration really. Real Estate agents can be real cunts to deal with at times too.

626 is still holding up. Drove down to Denmark a few weeks ago (1000km return trip). Despite my concerns of reliability and safety, it was a nice trip.

Working towards a budget of ~20k for something new. Budget will be significantly more if the Mazda gets written off though...it's insured for $8500 :p

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
WOW
been along time and I can't believe this thread is still here.

I wonder who else is still hiding around on here LOL Dam facebook groups

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
WOW
been along time and I can't believe this thread is still here.

I wonder who else is still hiding around on here LOL Dam facebook groups
Boo!

...just watched furious 7. Remember watching the first one with some members back in the day. Sentimental and all that jazz.

Hope everyone is doing well. Cheers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Put a deposit on a block of land up in woop woop(Banksia Grove).
Less than 5mins from Barbs so that's handy for track days.

Now I'm building my first house :surprise:

Still have the two old MX-6s.. poor cars haven't been driven in over 2+ years now :/ The 86 on the other hand looks good, finished off my custom one-off diffuser earlier this year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi there, MX6T2NV. Mighty fine 86 you have there.

I'm pleasantly surprised you still have your other 2 MX6s. I have just been recently active in this forum after getting a GE MX6 (JSpec) about 10 months ago and have been super excited about fixing it, upgrading a few things (new audio and head unit only so far), hunting parts (got 2 set of Mazdaspeed wheels and some other interior goodies), and dreaming (full Mazdaspeed bodykit! Touch wood!)

And then I came here with all my enthusiasm and realise I kinda missed the train! I hope there will come the next wave where people get wild over MX6s again. Though it could be difficult down here in NZ where I live. Especially the south. GEs are getting rarer and GDs are like hen's teeth, good luck seeing one on the road!

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Looks mean Steve!

Still looking here for a new place. Been very close to putting in offers on a few places but I always find something that is a big deal breaker. Hopefully I'll find something soon...I need a garage for this...

MY11 Mk6 GTI, DSG/30k kms/18" Detroits. Pretty chuffed.

Only had it a few days and already ordered a Polar FIS+ (little plug and play unit which shows additional engine stats on the dash display and expands the standard setup menu with a few extra features you normally have to get the dealer to do - eg: enable passenger mirror to tilt down when reversing).

·
Registered
250 Posts
Anyone here alive?

It's been a little over 2 years..
What's everyone been up to? Been dabbling in crypto a bit, nice big crash too this month, bought a bunch more 3 days ago. Got a small ETHereum mine 2 dozen KW or so. Still working the daily slog, somebody's gotta school these noobs.

The 86's has been off the road for 14 months for a huge build. Going turbo
Should easily be double the rwhp its previously was (203rwhp).

Both my MX-6's are almost probably 'barn finds' now. Last time they were started was over 5 years ago. Up for sale if anyone interdasted, comes with a couple sets of wheels(MS-01C's are gone unfortunately as are the crappy Speedy Futuras).
The 89 model has a headgasket leak iirc
The 90 model hasn't been started since August 2012 just after I got the 86

28161 - 28180 of 28191 Posts