Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 28182 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Cromax said:
Actually Rod, Americans can piss me off nicely!

It's something to do with the way they talk, write and act that really turns my colon to the point where I cringe.

How could they elect a leader who has a low IQ and hasn't got any real qualifications???

That would never happen in Australia, UK, France, Germany (the list goes on) ...
Pixelskin said:
I don't know much about cars as you'll find out!

My engine oil kept coming on the last week. I out 2 litres in and the following day the light came on again.

Stupid me bought a 5 litre can of oil and put it all in. I didn't know about checking the dipstick...OK...go easy on me.

Anyway, smoke started pouring out the exhaust and the car eventually died. I had it towed up to a Mazda place here in Melbourne.

They have told me I basically need to replace the engine - and it's going to cost around $3,200 to have it replace and installed.

Just some opinions...does this seem kosher?

It is a 1994 MX6 V6 2.5 litre Manual.

If anyone has some advice or recommendations, that would be appreciated.

BTW, when it says 2.5 litre, what does that actually mean?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
well jo, there's always some fellas that know SFA about cars. we shouldnt give them **** cos we were all at that stage (sorta) at one time and theyve gotta learn sometime.

but yeah, thats kinda humourous :p

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
What was the point of quoting me???

Oh ... LOL ... we shouldn't laugh ... but that guy is a bit of a dipstick ... LOL

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,107
Yeah same... but you cant complain and then turn around and be apart of it.... People just cant help but want to post... :D Its addictive this thread of mine...:)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
OK time to get this going again.

If you had no choice but to lose 1 sense, what would you choose to lose? Touch, Taste, Smell, Sight, or Hearing?

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
hmm
prbly touch as its the sense i dont really appreciate that much. i know ie got good hearing so i use it all the time
taste wouldnt be too bad to lose either cos u could still function perfectly well without it

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'd probably go smell...sex wouldn't be much fun without touch ;) And I love my chocolate too much to lose taste ;)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Smell. I'd love to not be able to smell my farts.
Taste. Maybe I wouldn't be such a fat bastard.
Touch. My eyesight might improve.
Sight. I couldn't see my self going to work.
Hearing. I could just nod every few seconds and the boss woud think I was agreeing with him.

They all have their good points. I'm glad I have all nine (except for the counting sense)

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Hearing... that way I don't have to listen to the girlfriend whinge all the time.
Taste... Don't have to force myself to eat the girlfriends cooking.
Sight... Don't have to see the troll that you have woken up next to in the morning.
Smell... Don't have to smell the troll that you have woken up next to in the morning.
Touch... Don't have to feel the pain of the punch you will receive when the girlfriend reads this post :)

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,113
hehe.... well umm.. liek everyone else has pointed out they do have good and bad sides....

You cant taste if you cant smell so that wouldnt be good... but i wouldnt mind not being able to taste things.... i think thats wat i would pick...

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I'd probably say hearing ...

... as it is reversable with bionic hearing aids ... they're apparently really good!!!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,115
So,... How was everyones weekend?? And the BIG question, who is going to win the BIG million on BIG Brother tonight???????????

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Hi Babe,

Weekend was good ... apart from getting smashed at the gokart track this weekend - I think I've cracked a rib or two (well, he was going at top speed which is about 70-80kmp/h ... getting it checked out today.

Oooh ... I went shopping for cars too! ... there are two new cars I really like, but I'm tossing between keeping the 6 or doing up the mini :confused: ... I think the MX6 is winning the race though. I guess I could keep both })

How was your weekend?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Who will win Big Brother?

If the public like someone that sits around doing nothing and doesn't say what they really think about anything.....Trevor.
If the public prefer a spoilt little brat who needs everything to go her way and lies all the time.... Bree.

I still can't believe Ryan and Paul have gone.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Who will win Big Brother??
who cares?!?!? (sorry i hate reality tv :p)

weekend was good. went to a mates place for beer, pizza and movies :p

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Wow ... I went to the Chiropractor this morning and I feel great now!

I have cracked a rib, but it's nothing serious (as long as I don't do anything stupid) ... it's real hard to breathe if I push it where it hurts ... bizarre.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Cromax said:
Wow ... I went to the Chiropractor this morning and I feel great now! I have cracked a rib.
Chiros are pretty rough.

Cromax said:
but it's nothing serious (as long as I don't do anything stupid) ... it's real hard to breathe if I push it where it hurts .
I think pushing a broken rib falls into the "Doing something stupid" catergory.

I get a sore back from time to time. I went to a chiro once but I smelt a rat when he looked at me for 5 minutes and then starts planning our 24 week course of treatment. I went 5 times (@$65 a visit) before I realized this guy was a quack, my back felt no better and i had a 2 month camping trip in Europe coming up.
I went to a physio instead, 40 minutes later.... I was literally skipping to my car.

1101 - 1120 of 28182 Posts