Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used them? Their website claims a gain of 19kW (from 86kW to 105kW at the wheels) when fitted with a boost control. I take it they mean we need to bleed the boost a bit at the same time. But that just means part of this 19kW gain comes from the boost increase.:rolleyes:

Has anyone tried a pure ECU upgrade (Chiptorque or other brands) and found a measurable improvement?

Comments appreciated. Thanx.:D

·
Registered
621 Posts
I had Powerchip install their chip into my car under the proviso that it was to come straight out if they couldn't get more than 5% improvement.

Suprise suprise, they rang me after a day and said they couldn't do it as "my computer was different to other MX6s". What a load of [email protected], it's bog standard, so I stronly suspect that they put it in, dynoed it and then took it out again.

Also tried the same line with Superchip but they wouldn't do it. Sounds smelly. Also the DYNO chart for the MX6 on the superchip site looks SUS.

It'd be nice to find out who the owner of this MX-6 is, and find out if they noticed any difference... PPL-889 in Victoria - member of the board????

G

·
i think it was unichip where it plugs in with the factory chip - and they can then tweak the inputs to achieve the desired result - but it require dynotuning - so naturally dearer then a standard chip... but you never know - if the chip torque works.. then copy it and reprogram all of ours hehehe

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Hey guys...
I thought/heard that the chip swap mainly benefited autos, apparently the chip changes the rev/gear change timing. I have absolutely no evidence but it's what I heard.......... Maybe you know better??
Peace PK
:)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Woo -I saw your picture and thought it was part of your sig. So I made up a little sig pic but the board doesn't recognise tag in the sig unfortunately.

Unless of course it can and I've been drinking too many bottles of amber stuff tonight. (Dan Murphy - $26 / case of Amsterdam bitter - fully imported lager)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts