Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow i'm going to by a turbocharger for my six "the day has finally come:cool:"

My engine is a KLDE wit toyota rods and nissan pistons and 10:1 C/R

i might lower the compression to 8.5 in the future

here are the turbo specs :
T3/T4
T. housing .63 AR
w/shaft T350

Comp side;
Ar 50 comp housing
To4E comp wheel
360* thrust bearing

Do you think i should go for this turbo or get one slightly bigger with a 60 trim copmressor ?

Need to know by tomorrow

Thanks guys

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
how much power are you looking to make is the number one thing to consider.

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
Than the turbo you spec'd would be OK. For starters you can even use the ebay china turbo. We beat the crap out of them all the time down here and they still work great. Its a good starter for the $ and it'll get you to 300whp pretty easily.

My all time fav. turbo for the KL will be a T3 Super 60 though...that will get you to 300whp (you'll have to spin it a bit more, aka more boost), but the response is fantastic.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks Radar thats exactly the answer i was looking for , needeed an opinion from you guys that have turbo'ed the v6. I'm getting the turbo pretty cheap aswell aprox. $280.00 US . Apparently the turbo is a good japanese product and the guy has been selling for two years without a problem . So will see how it goes.

Thanks Radar
Karma your coming way!!

Edit: dam this sux, the site said i got to spread some Rep before i can give you more . will make a note

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
My all time fav. turbo for the KL will be a T3 Super 60 though...that will get you to 300whp (you'll have to spin it a bit more, aka more boost), but the response is fantastic.
Sorry for the offtopic question but how much boost can you run on a super 60 before it's outside it's efficiency range? I have a built motor with 8.5:1 compression pistons and 210 degree cams and I really only want 300-350whp. I was looking at far more expensive turbos but I think it is just time to boost this thing and enjoy it for what it is.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
My favor as well, good mid range turbo, I'll most likely go with that turbo since I'm aiming for more usable power on the street, aka 2500-5500rpm.

I believe this is what Goat is running right now.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bought the turbo today :jump:vit looks good and it came with all the flanges gaskets and pipes ...:tup:
I'll upload a pic of the turbo l8tr on tonight

·
Registered
33 Posts
you so should have went with a t88 :) just kidding it looks nice tho. how is that intake working out, any dyno info on how its performing

·
Registered
549 Posts
the t3/super 60 spec works well, thats what i have now. its nice and spools quicker than my t3/t04e did.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The intake works nicely and it feels more responsive, I think i'm only going to dyno it once off when the turbo installation is finished because of $$. I wanted to dyno the manifold with the engine N/A to see the effects but don't see it happening unfortunately.

Here's some pics of my custom Y pipe , Made it to run behind and above the gearbox shift selector as the other design hangs to low under the engine.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I'll take a pic under the engine with the Y-pipe on sometime

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes , When i blew my engine up i used commonly available parts to rebuild it , had a bent conrod so replaced it with a modified toyota rod . All the parts that went in were modified to fit / work

·
Registered
33 Posts
you have a gift there with cars man, you dont talk about doing stuff you just do it, props to you. hows the bodywork coming along, the last few pics looked pretty good in your appearence thread

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I've taken a break from the body work and concentrating on the turbo for now but i'll get back to it soon.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts