Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not many people on here like the chrome wheels, and i dunno why. At first i wanted to do my car all blue and black, with tints, tinted headlights, supra tails, gunmetal rims.

But i love the jspecs so damn much, and to be honest, i like chrome rims. I think the jspecs will go good with the chrome rims, and i got chrome plate covers coming soon, cause front and back are manditory in NY. Plus the supra tails are comin out sometime soon. Now i dont know how good this will look, but i saw some "Chrome" spraypaint up at Auto Zone. Ive seen the copper color and gold. So i was thinkin of trying the chrome paint on some scrap plastic, then if it looks good, doing the black plastic that covers the tails and spraying it. It might look very altezza'ish, but it might go with the rest of the car.

Im still throwin ideas up in the air. Just wonderin what i could do for the tails. Anyone done something else theirselves for the chromed tails look? I really kinda hate altezzas, and i wouldnt get altezzas made for another car and have the body work done either. Im just trying to think of something that will go nice with the rest of the chrome look, but not too ricey.

·
Registered
51 Posts
chromed plastic

rather than painting it try some chroming places near you to see if they can chrome plastic, sounds like a great idea to me, I have emailed the guys making up the tailights to see if they will be able to ship a set to me in Australia without the plastic cover sealed so i can send it off for chroming first.

This along with chromed angel eyes will look cool.
Cheers,
Dean

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i read about some peopel that sparyed their interior trim with chrome spray apint. they said it ended up looking a weird gray. One guy thinks it looks good but all of them said it didn't look like chrome. test it out on some plastic and them leave the plastic outside in the weather for about a month to see how it fades

·
Registered
250 Posts
i went CF look when i did my lights i just got the look alike cf strip and simply just laid them in there and put adhesive under them and it looked GREAT! and i made clear tailight covers with lexan plastic, it worked like a wonder

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think it would look pretty cool. I have a white MX-6 M-Edition, which means it has the gold trim and badging, and the rims are a dull gold as well. As soon as I can, I'm getting the stock rims gold chromed.

I think it will look pretty good and a few of the tire guys I talked to said they had seen it a few times and it looks sweet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts