Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to race a Civic SIR. My friend is getting one and i cant waite that long to see who wins. I have a 94 MX-6 Ls V6 stick. I know that the SIR has one more HP (165) but a lot less torque. Do u think that i will be able to beat him???????????

G

·
Check the weight... but that shouldn't be too much of a factor. I think they are slow and a piece of cake to eat for breakfast, but I am driving a V8 Thunderbird. I'm pretty sure you'l take them. Don't hate me if I'm wrong. Go KILL SOME RICE!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the Specs. Correct me if i'm wrong

Mx-6 ls
Hp -164
Torque - 160
Weight - 2800 (2878 auto)

Civic SIR
Hp -160
Torque – 111
Weight - 2612

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
confused

im a little confused.....
i would think that the torque isnt really a concern, specifically in this case... unless you guys were racing up hill... based on those specs, it looks like a given that you would woop his ass, it would probably come down to the shifting skills of the drivers.. yours is manual right?
the civic only comes in manual, i think...

anyway, let us know.... good luck and happy racing

mx6lsv694grn-stik
stainless cat-bak+magnaflow

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
the prelude has 20 less horsepower then the 6 and less torque and weighs about the same. but Is a full second faster 0-60.........respect the vtec. But kick its A$$

G

·
The Civic Si(R) shouldn't be a problem. He should be behind your back bumper to 60 mph, and maybe will pull up a little over the 1/4 mile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts