Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Wow, not me!

I noticed that the brake fluid is a light yellowish color ... mine's a dark brown.... Manifest must have changed his recently, unlike mine :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Considering Jim put in a brand new motor 6 to 8 months ago, and only drives has car about 1500 miles a year it's not surprising it looks so good.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
New motor is about a year old; :D but everything else was cleaned while it was out. I had a picture of me in there with a tooth brush while it was out. Kinda funny looking! Total miles on the new engine are about 3k now, but it still gets a regular wash and dressing everytime I wash the car. I just took that picture before going to the track this friday... Clean engine = .05hp! @-

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
My engine compartment for the most part is pretty clean. The only problem areas are the valve cover and the intake manifold. There's dirt on there that wont come off. One day I'll sand it.

G

·
Your question was "how do I clean my valve cover", well....if you need it to look like new (since there is no paint on the cover) use the intake cleaner. I have used it personally and had removed ALL baked on dirt. If you are afraid of doing it, and it seems that people are, try it on another valve cover or a part of your valve cover. I can safely guarantee it will turn out VERY clean.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I mentioned it since if you try and do it while it is on the car you will get some overspray, and that can harm the paint. Other than that it is a good cleaner/degreaser.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts