Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i cleaned my headlights with acetone tonight but now they are cloudy and im wondering how i should get that off. Does anybody know, they look clear as hell now they aren't dirty just really cloudy and its bothering me badly!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Try sanding it and then next time use mcguires "platx cleaner" its worked really well for my stock heads.

EDIT: karma is appreciated... if i helped at all :tup:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I replied to your PM, but for other peoples refrence, you can use mineral spirits to clean the cloudyness off.

Or else try wetsanding.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
kid_puma said:
then respray the clear-coat
Do not respray clear.

I have had multiple sets of headlights where the person tried to fix them by clear coat.

It always peals off.

There is no way you can clear coat over a polished surface and not have it peel.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
MX6_VTECH said:
DONT ASK FOR KARMA :sigh:

most likely sand it down, search on here and in the projects section on how to do that
I was thinking the SAME thing, don't ask for it. Ever notice the ones who ask are the ones with low karma count? lol

Yea, sand them. But what do you do to keep them shinny? mine always get cloudy again....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, i went and got some mineral spirits and it took off some of it away but its still kinda hazy looking....so what do i do now?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i went to walmart and got some 400grit, 800 grit, and 1000 grit sandpaper. Im done with the 400 and 800 and the headlights look so much better! Pics are coming soon i just have to lightly sand it with the 1000 and then some polish and thats it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Im finished, and i have to say they came out looking amazingly clear i dont think they were that clear before at all!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
More polish! I use some meguirs polish for aluminum that I had in my garage and they are way clearer than that. Maybe mine were just in better condition to begin with.

(edit) Wash your car while you're at it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts