Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever heard about sending your engine head out to get cleaned and polished in some special way or something? If so where exactly can you send it to and how much of an improvement can you gain from doing this.
By the way I'm getting all this info on possible mods from a friend who owns a 95 saab 9000. I just want to check with you huys to make sure I'm headed in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
in a word.... Silver paint... ok, two words then })

Cheap, long lasting and looks the dogs...

John

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I think he is talking in more of a performance standpoint rather than looks lol. Yes you can get the head ported and polished etc at a machine/head shop. But from what you are posting you are getting ahead of yourself. To do a head job effectively you will need to replace oem parts like the valves and valve springs, retainers, camshafts etc. with better performing parts while the head is being worked on. Before you start tearing down the motor to do this, cause you will have to, I suggest you start doing some major reading and stop listening to friends who try to impress you with large words.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
how's the prevantive maintenance on your car? i'd be more concerned that everything is up to snuff first :tup: then have fun with it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts