Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks hazy. I put plastic cleaner on it and still the same. When I wet it, it looks so clear but as it drys, it becomes hazy again. What should I do to maintain the clear wet look?

G

·
I cleaned mine as well, and I have a similar problem to yours, but im guessing not as bad. What really seemed to help was polishing the head lights with a fine polish after sanding it. I used Turtle Wax car polish available virtually anywhere. Some people mentioned in another thread that spraying clear coat on the lights after sanding may help to make the clearer, but i sprayed a bit on a corner and didnt see much of a difference above what i have currently.

My lights were yellow, and had some kind of stains across the middle of them going in a sine like wave. So im very happy with the way my lights look now, even though they do momentarilly get maybe 5% clearer when wiped with water. Im not sure how to improve on this though.

G

·
i had this problem when i bought my 626. the driver side one was soo fogged/hazed, it failed the safety inspection here. the passenger side light was brand new, so it was clear. i had read on the net somewhere, that rubbing compound works great, and i must say...sure does! i can barely tell the difference between the lights! i also bought some plastic scratch remover, which didnt do much! but try the rubbing compound, it worked for me!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem with my LS. What I did was use the quick orange hand cleaner you can get at Autozone. I only did the outside of the light because I didn't want to go through the trouble of taking the light out. Well it suprised me how well this work, so good in fact that I used the stuff to clean my rims and my exhaust. Just rub it on with your hand and wipe it off with a rag then rinse. The lights don't look new but a whole hell of a lot better.

Hope that helps

Buhda-6

1 - 4 of 4 Posts