Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first gen lovers, i can get clear bumper lenses made for 1st gen, i will see how many replies i get and how in demand they are and buy em for ya, send em to ya and you pay me back!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Huh...

Clear bumber lenses? You mean clear tailights or clear sidemarkers? Not quite sure here...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, I don't have any lenses in my bumper, except the sidemarkers in front.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah im kinda confused too what do you mean exactly you can get clear if it is the rea light i would love to have some...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on the front bumper, the turn signal lights(factory orange), and on the rear bumper the relectors(factory red)the can be made for clear, and with the front with it being clear you can either switch the factory bulb to blue, green, red,or whatever ,or you can even buy the bulb covers if you dont want to buy all new bulbs

·
Registered
246 Posts
SWEET!

Really!?! I would definitely be interested! Will these be ones from another car that also fit ours, such as the Accord or rx7 as was previoulsy suggested or are they going to be newly fabricated? How much?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yeah man i want to get a pair of those will it go good on my 89 thought an how much will it cost??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the guy i bought them from said he would charge 75 bucks for all four lenses, now i can tell you he makes them, ive got on my car, they look great dont get me wrong, but you can barely see where thay were cut and sanded, but they come pre drilled, and all you have to do is take off the front orange lens and use the factory light bracket,the rear , all you do is unscrew and install, with the double sided tape that he puts on there, since all the rear bumper lights are is reflective red, you would be replacing it withaftermarket clear. i wish i had a dig cam, to send you a pic, but i dont.let me know what you all want to do if you want them, mail me a check or money order, and i will pay him cash, it should only take a few days to make depending how many you guys want, and depending where you live, ups ground, maybe a week to receive. let me know.........tuffmazda

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as for the accords/hondas/aks, i dont know. i am sure i can ask him.rx7, 2nd gen mx, probably, this guy is a master mechanic and i have been freinds with him for about two years.he did say there were no refunds once purchased, which kindof made me stop thought, because i was like what if they look like s!#t, but they turned out phat as hell, and im gettin alot of props for em.i would reccomend getting those bulb covers, or changing the bulb, since the fac. one is so bright, and if you are running super whites, and clear turn signal lights, and piaa hyper whites like i am the factory bulb, offsets the other lights, just an fyi

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey well i would like to get a pair for my 89 mx-6 but if you could try to get a pic of it i would apreciate it alot so i can see what it looks like before i send you money...now do i have to send you my lens covers on my car or does he give new ones????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all you have to do is to mail me the money order lee cross, for 75 bucks, he will cut and send you the lenses ready to install, all you need to do is take the front turn signal lens off(i used a snap on pick, but be careful they are brittle!!!, the rears just unscrew, and they just adhese on., i really cant send a pic but do remember if you get em theres no refund, thats just the way he works

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think I will pass!
No pic and no refund, and they cost 75 bones, not for me. A little too pricey. I can get regular ones for $15.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My front indicator lenses are clear, come like that from the factory. Oh, my car is a 90' Ford TX5 turbo (very similar to mx6 but much better)!

·
Registered
287 Posts
What the hell is a TX5?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok so all i have to do is take the lense off of the front directionals an replace them with the ones you send me?an do they have the black trim that goes around them so it looks good on the car??? oh let me as you my right directional is all like kinda burned up inside how do i get the lense off in the first place???im interested but kinda iffy im sorry about all the questions

·
Registered
167 Posts
rmtaylor said:
What the hell is a TX5?
Same as the Mazda 626 hatch, but made by Ford. They sold them here in Australia, I think because they didn't sell the 1st Gen probes here.

Basically a 1st Gen probe with a 626 body.
The later Mazdas are full imports from Japan, like mine :) upto 1989 they were made here by Ford though.

Ford TX-5 = Mazda 626 GT Hatch
Ford Telstar = Mazda 626 LX Hatch
I think that's right anyway...

[Edited by Panik on 04-09-2001 at 12:20 AM]

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got a set of clear sidemakers made for my 88 mx6 this past weekend froma friend of mine. He can make them for less than 75 bucks.
If you are interested shoot me an email, I'll send you pics!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah , see thats what my first impression was, and its not for every one,if ya dont trust it dont buy it, as the old sayin goes!!, just let me know, there simple to install, and look great

1 - 19 of 19 Posts