Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody had clear lenses instead of the orange ones? I am talking about the side marker light on each side right in front of the front wheels on the front bumper. So, anybody know which ones would fit?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was thinking about this too. I think the Accord ones may fit. Let me know cause I want them too!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I was on the yahoo 1st gen MX-6 club site and there is a silver MX-6 on there with the exact thing I'm looking for! I guess I'll try posting there and see if I get a response.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm looking for the exact same thing...

I contacted clearcorners and they said that I have to send them the side markers and then they'll take it from there. I have 2 xtra rear lens but am having a hard time finding the front ones. I asked killer mx6 how much he wanted for his and the price he gave me I thought was kind of high so I didn't buy them from him, but I'm still looking, if I find it and send it I'll put a post up on the board.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Corksport sells clears for the 2nd gen. RX-7. I think they might be the same part as on our cars. (Seems like Mazda would try to save money by making them the same. If you look at a pic of our car and then a pic of a 2nd gen. rx-7 the side markers look the same.)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Honda Accord...

antiSUV said:
Corksport sells clears for the 2nd gen. RX-7. I think they might be the same part as on our cars. (Seems like Mazda would try to save money by making them the same. If you look at a pic of our car and then a pic of a 2nd gen. rx-7 the side markers look the same.)
Same thing with the Accords I think. They look like the same size. try going to a shop and comparing those with our cars.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
antiSUV - scoped out a RX-7

looks like a direct fit! Now, where do I get them for less than $65? That's what corksport wanted for them, sounds like a HUGE ripoff to me. On my student income that won't be happening. I might have to try the old florescent light cover trick and see if it looks good. I'll keep everyone posted

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Cool Wayman...I thought they'd fit but it was just a hunch. Nice to have that confirmed.

Cool idea about making them out of flourescent light covers - that's just the texture you need. I wonder where I could find some...
If you had access to some machine tools you could counter-sink the holes you drill in them, and bevel the edges, then It would look like you bought them.

G

·
0 Posts
i just checked out clearcorners.com and they dont have anything for 1st gen. sorry guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts