Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i got this problem after it started getting cold out. when i turn the air on....it makes this weird noise..as if theres a bird in my vents...when i turn it up it gets louder and faster...it also resembles the sound effect of a ufo (like on tv..those old movies of ufo's hovering sound) its weird..i think aliens are trying to communicate me...

anyone have any ideas!?

·
Registered
357 Posts
check to see if some type of paper/plastic/foreign objects have gotten stuck in your vents... this happened to me (it was plastic wrap that was stuck and was vibrating and whistling from the air velocity)...

also might be something wrong with the blower motor...

·
Registered
50 Posts
RicedoutMx6 said:
hey i got this problem after it started getting cold out. when i turn the air on....it makes this weird noise..as if theres a bird in my vents...when i turn it up it gets louder and faster...it also resembles the sound effect of a ufo (like on tv..those old movies of ufo's hovering sound) its weird..i think aliens are trying to communicate me...

anyone have any ideas!?
Check your belt.

When I turn on my air conditioner, and the compressor kicks in, the belt starts squeaking like crazy. Unfortunately there's no cheap fix for it!

Turn the AC button off and wait until you're going fairly fast (45-55mph) before you turn it back on... does that help?

·
Registered
159 Posts
The funny noise is prolly your blower motor. It is under/behind the glovebox. PITA to get to, but you might try replacing it or maybe lubricating it with some white lithium grease or other lube that will stay on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts