Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the climate control lights with purple LED's. soldered them on, and all. tested them. they worked. im plugging everything back up. i test it out, and its dark out, and i push a climate control button in and its still FUCKING GREEN. I DONT SEE ANY PURPLE!!

Any ideas why? this has seriously pissed me off. i took my time on this so nothing would break and this shit happens.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
only thing I can think of is the green film on the back of all the spots that light up? i'm doing blue l.e.d's in mine once I get the money to get them, it did make a pretty big difference on my gauge cluster when I removed the green film from the back of the faces

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks. i will try that tomorrow

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Maybe they aren't bright enough? I replaced my green tipped bulbs with blue ones and they work just fine. They kind of turn them a dark blue/green color. The only crappy part is that the little light on the slides is still green. The LED is a weird shape. I guess I could just remove it completely. I know where the slides are...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, they arent bright enough, what kind of LED u use? the 194 or 74 ones in the climate control

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
weird. on the write up on here i looked at, the person said to use 194 bulbs. which i used

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
REALLY? weird.. that is really weird. you soldered yours correct?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im actually talking about both. i just checked outside, totally dark. and i replaced the three bulbs. and the symbols are purple now... just now really bright. the only part that is not purple is the sliders and the small dash when i press in a button.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ill check into it tomorrow. thanks

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Just get the JDM Climate control and solve your worries!

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Sad story.

There was a guy very local to me that I was supposed to be picking up a set of m-edition wheels from. He had a lot of other cool parts as well. Things weren't going well for him and he was parting the car. He sold his headlights and the apartment complex he lived in towed his car away because it looked abandoned. He didn't have the money to get it out of the impound so it is probably still sitting there.

The story gets worse. He told me that he was moving and he was putting all his extra parts outside his door. I got the message too late and later found out that a JDM digital climate control, a set of JDM tails, and some other really cool stuff was taken by the garbage men. I also happened to pay the guy $100 for the wheels that I never got back. I called him and gave him my information. He was supposed to send me the title to the car along with a key. I was going to be getting an mx6 for the price of getting it out of the impound lot. Needless to say it never happened. :tdown:

I was PISSED! :mad::mad:

/threadjack

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
i remember the guy selling you the wheels. Man he couldnt of just taken the goodies with him and sold them later? i have the jdm climate control and i would never set it out for free.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
He was moving/in trouble with the law/some other bullshit. I don't really care. I only lost $100. :shrug: It would have been cool if he actually sent me the title to the car along with keys though. I would have saved it from the impound lot that it probably died in. :(

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Ya, what impound lot is it in, we can go steal it out, i mean they did it on gone in 60 seconds lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts