Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago my car was running like crap. Some of you may remember the recent threads I had where trying to figure out the problem, and it turned out to be my O2 sensor.
Well Because of it taking me 2h to remove the origonal o2 sensor (no Im not really that dumb and I'm not really that un-mechanicly inclined... its just that....I just didn't have the right tools, to do the job, either a 20mm open end wrench or a 20mm deep socket with a power bar is what I needed). Anyway I finnaly got it out and got the aftermarket O2 sensor installed. (FYI: Mazda wanted $225 for a OEM replacement O2 sensor, the aftermarket one I got costed me $45). But by that tine I was really sick. Why was I sick from working on my car you may ask? well it wasn't from working on my car... Some of you may or may not know that...I'm methadone patient. This Perscribed drug is being given to me to treat my Herion addiction. Anyway I was 2h past my dose so I was sick. So I was in a hurry to get to the pharmacy to get my dose (100mg oral), and all of the sudden the traffic in front of me stoped (I mean suddenly). I slamed on my brakes (locking them up...damn no ABS) but I also cut the wheel up onto the side walk and ended up just side swiping the back bumper of the Neon. Anyway It turned out the car was a used car being sold at Hafford Motors (a shop thats Knowen to be very shady in my area, or at least the owner).
Anyway, the girl said she didn't want to go through insurance so I was like YEAH...RIGHT ON!!!! because ,of course, I didn't want to neither.
Anyway, I have to pay them $300 for a new back bumper for the peice of $hit Neon, but oh well thats life (the guy who made the traffic stop suddendly like that in the first place, took off. I think he was making a left turn and turned his blinker on and slamed on his breaks about 1 sec before the turn like alot of dumba$$e$ do in my city).
Anyway Now on to the damage to my car.....Thank GOD I CUT THE WHEEL!!!!! because if I didn't I would of ramed stright into her rear end (instead of just cliping her) which would of wraped up the front of my car and the back of her's (basicly it would of wrote my MX-6 off). Anyway My Left (driverside) Blinker lense is broken and the housing is cracked. The same side front fender got 2 dents, one I can just pop out easily (if I remove the fender and bring it inside and take my time with a rubber mallat) the other is more of a thin long dent (from some part of her car swiping my fender), That Im going to have to body fill and paint over it I think, or I can just replace the fender, but that would mean I have to paint the whole fender, because there are no Black MX-6's in the junkies in my area.
Also THANK GOD!!!!!!! That there was nobody walking on the sidewalk at the time or I would of hit that person. I had no time to react, Just enought time to think "OMG...well Im not going to lose my car" then I cut the wheel and slamed on the breaks.

Anyway, thanks for reading my long storie, I just really needed to tell someone my storie on this board.

Methman

·
Registered
392 Posts
glad to hear your ok. did you get your medicine?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I'm methadone patient. This Perscribed drug is being given to me to treat my Herion addiction.

sorry to go off topic here.
but is that the same as heroin??? meaning shooting up???

anyway, good to see noone got really hurt. and u were able to keep the damage as low as possible.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I dont know much about methodone and herion, but I wish you good luck in overcoming the addiction, I've heard it's brutal. Stay strong bro and drive carefully!

·
Registered
372 Posts
well, back on topic, so you want to just pop out the other dent and fill 1 in with filler ans paint it, you would have to paint the whole fender anyway, unless you got some blending agents and then you would need to buff it but i would say just get another fender. Take it to a body shop and get it edged(the paint the edges) then mount it up, bring it back all preped for paint and have them spray it. Should cost you no more then $100. If you do all prep work.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dutch626 said:
sorry to go off topic here.
but is that the same as heroin??? meaning shooting up???

anyway, good to see noone got really hurt. and u were able to keep the damage as low as possible.
Yes Heroin, Sorry my spelling sucks. Yes I used to be a Heroin addict, and yes I mainlined it (or as you called it "shooting up")....it ruined my life, but methadone gave it back to me. However Methadone isn't a Merical drug, there is still the problem of being addicted to Methadone, and going through withdraw if I don't get my dose on time.

Methman (Mabey now people may get why that is my screen name)

PS: Realroughrider: yes I got my dose, thanks for your concern... I gave the girl my phone number as quick as possible and she gave me hers. Then I told her to go get an estimate, then give me a call and I will pay. I then told her that I had to get to the pharmacy before I throw up..lol she understood.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
IROC5spd said:
well, back on topic, so you want to just pop out the other dent and fill 1 in with filler ans paint it, you would have to paint the whole fender anyway, unless you got some blending agents and then you would need to buff it but i would say just get another fender. Take it to a body shop and get it edged(the paint the edges) then mount it up, bring it back all preped for paint and have them spray it. Should cost you no more then $100. If you do all prep work.
Thanks, for the help. But the dent that needs to be body-filled is more like a scratch dent. Its a scrach but its dented in also. I don't know if you can get a better understanding from that or not. All I have to do is fill it then wipe off the excessive bodyfill (before it dry's) then just touch-up paint it (after it dry's), with color match touch-up paint.
If it dosn't work out. Then buying a new fender is my second option, that I will go with.
I can't do anything to my MX-6 right now, because I have so many other projects on the go.
You may have noticed that in my sig I just bought a new car for my GF. It's a 1990 VW Golf, with the gas, 1.8L, SOHC, 8V engine. Anyway I picked it up for $100!!! I may get pics to show you guys, But just FYI: it was in great shape for a $100 car. Very little rust and the bit that it does have is just surface rust. The factory undercoating is still completly there (although I havent checked under the undercoating for rust, but I assume its ok).
Now it had a bad slipping cluch. But Me and a friend fixed that with a $200 aftermarket cluch kit, and 2 days of layed back labour. Now I just have to get the altenator to charge better so my batt. will stop dieing.
After I get the VW Golf, up and running I may be able to get to my MX-6, but I got a Buick Roadmaster with the bottom-end gone in it (threw a rod...I believe). That I'm in the process of removeing the engine from (the 5.7L V8 350 small-block). Then Ive got another 5.7L V8 Small-block That Im going to use for parts to get one 350sb running again. I've decided that I'm going to sell the Buick Roadmaster (without the engine). Then Im going to turn the 350sb rebuild/overhual into a winter project. I think I'm going to upgrade it for performance while im at it. I'm also going to remove all of the EFI components and leave the ECU and wirring harness in the Roadmaster. Then I'm going to install a Holly Carburator onto the 350sb (going Carb. just makes it easier then doing a bunch of wirring, pluse...true muscle cars are usually Carbed). Then in the summer I plan on getting a Trans AM, or a Camaro (I love the T-tops), or even a old Malabiu. Then Drop my "Winter Project", (my built up Carbed 350sb) into one of those types of bodies. I would Prefer a Trans AM or a Camaro, but a Malibue would be cheaper, at least thats what I think.

Methman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts