Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the probe shop manual and it has nothing about the type of sunroof the 6 has.

Anyone have any scans showing the location and paths of the drain lines?

·
Registered
78 Posts
i know from lookin around that the drainage line runs down the passenger side winsheild pillar... are you having leaking issues?

·
Registered
238 Posts
No pics on hand (due to a crappy scanner), but based on the few moon roofs, I've pulled myself, I can tell you the four drainage lines run down the front A-pillars and the rear C-pillars (one per pillar). It's easy to partially remove the headliner and tug at the lines, but getting them back in minus ripping the surrounding interior components out is the difficult part.

Have fun...

G

·
I had the same problem on my '91 GT. Always parked on a slight incline and the rear drains finally got plugged up. One day after a heavy rain put the brakes on to stop and it was a waterfall all over the interior.

I consulted a trusted friend (and 15 year Mazda mechanic) on how to unplug them. He said to use compressed air (at a low pressure) to blow them clean. Since the drains are actually plastic tubes connected to the drain in the roof and you could easily blow the plastic drains off the connections (which are very hard to reconnect), he told me to have a local shop or sunroof dealer do it for me. I took it to the nearest sunroof shop and it took 10 minutes and only cost me $5.

I hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts